Who's "comeback" from retirement has been better? Fedor or Gsp's?

2004 account

For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill
@Silver
Reaction score
One has fought 5 times since coming out of retirement, lost once and had one questionable decision (to the public, not to me)

The other has only fought once and against Bisping.

Who's had the better comeback?

Well, Fedor got KTFO by Meat-head, so I'd have to go with Georges.

But every fight of Fedors, win or lose is jump out of your seat exciting, so there is that.

Fedor but if GSP takes one more fight and wins then he edges fedor

If you think Bisping is over the hill what would you say about Mir and Sonnen

Fedor is KO'ing fools and competing in tourneys. GSP is dealing with digestion issues after gorging on cherries.

6rsPADD.jpg

From the career perspective, GSP's.

Overall, Fedor's.

Fedor has fought much higher level of competition. None of them were blind at least.

Didn't Fedor lose two of his comeback fights?

Depends on perspective. George has one fight, got a belt, is 100% and there was nothing negative besides ducking Whittaker. Fedor didn't have the same success but he put himself out there multiple times and is still doing it at 42.

I'd pick Fedor tbh.

Fedor is a shell of himself. He's not even a top 10 heavyweight.

GSP. Fedor got the crap beaten out of him by a bum. GSP did not.

i would say GSP. bisping is underrated big time. look at his record, with wins over ross pointon and elvis sinosic, his record speaks for itself

Fedor is 42 and continues to do well, of course he isn't the same fighter but he entertains and remains classy.

GSP retired in his early 30s after facing a little adversity (never rematching Hendricks) and came back for a single cherry-picked fight, vanishing again afterwards.

It's not even a competition.

If you think Bisping is over the hill what would you say about Mir and Sonnen
Manners manners, You don't answer a question with another question especially one that wasn't pertinent being no one even insinuated Bisping is over the hill.

Sonnen isn't over the hill. He is a retired fighter who now makes his living from talking about fighting. He occasionally makes a few extra bucks on the weekend as an opponent for over the hill fighters.

One has fought 5 times since coming out of retirement, lost once and had one questionable decision (to the public, not to me)

The other has only fought once and against Bisping.

Who's had the better comeback?
Fedor. I base it on activity, as GSP has been sitting on his lazy ass eating poutine and ducking 170 in favour of money fights. I also dont think the decision agaibst Maldonado was a bad one, as is evident by yesterday's thread.

Sonnen isn't over the hill. He is a retired fighter who now makes his living from talking about fighting. He occasionally makes a few extra bucks on the weekend as an opponent for over the hill fighters.
Piercing insight.

This is why you don't run with scissors, kids.

Back