Who's "comeback" from retirement has been better? Fedor or Gsp's?

Let's see ..... GSP won the title and Fedor lost to mitrione

Why does this thread even exist it was a no brainer.

Fedor has been fighting this whole entire time basically on and off. Even through his decline.

GSP hid in retirement for four years doing god knows what and only came back to cherry pick one of the weakest champions in modern UFC history.

GSP won a world championship

Fedor got KO'd by meathead

I don't think anything Fedor is doing now win or lose should really effect his overall legacy at this point unless it's something truly incredible (KOing Bader) or terrible (like if he had lost to Chael) but Bisping is the best fighter either of the two have fought and Georges won... so there you go

I'm not a fan of either guy, but a WW beating a past their prime MW is better than a HW beating a past their prime MW.

Fedor is 42 and continues to do well, of course he isn't the same fighter but he entertains and remains classy.

GSP retired in his early 30s after facing a little adversity (never rematching Hendricks) and came back for a single cherry-picked fight, vanishing again afterwards.

It's not even a competition.

GSP would run through the level of fighters that Fedor has been facing, so this comparison doesn't really work. You act like they're both fighting in the UFC.

In my opinion, you can't really compare the two. GSP's comeback started from a higher place than Fedor's. For Fedor, he's coming back from a fall from grace. I'm just proud he hasn't been getting knocked out in every other fight. With GSP, he never really had to redeem himself. He just proved that he's still at least competitive with the best.

Has to be Fedor right now notwithstanding the win %. He's fought more than once!

Fedor.

5 fights, all excited fights, no cherry picking.

1- Jaideep Singh: Warm up fight, 1 round TKO.
2- Fabio Maldonado: A total war, epic display of heart by both fighters.
3- Matt Mitrione: 1 round double KO. Matt recover first.
4- Frank Mir: 1 round KO, epic faceplant.
5- Chael Sonnen: 1 round TKO. Chael got Ragdolled.
6- Ryan Bader (LHW Bellator champ and Top 5 HW) for the Bellator HW title: ...........

Epic comeback.

GSP would run through the level of fighters that Fedor has been facing, so this comparison doesn't really work. You act like they're both fighting in the UFC.
Sure. But instead GSP is ________.

If Fedor were like GSP he'd have vanished the first time he looked beatable and come back for one easy fight.

Luckily for MMA fans, Fedor is made of sterner stuff than that.

Sure. But instead GSP is ________.

If Fedor were like GSP he'd have vanished the first time he looked beatable and come back for one easy fight.

Luckily for MMA fans, Fedor is made of sterner stuff than that.

Unfortunately, that mentality that Fedor has and GSP doesn't is what makes legendary fighters ruin their legacy. It's what made Chuck Liddell fight until Dana forced him to stop.

One has fought 5 times since coming out of retirement, lost once and had one questionable decision (to the public, not to me)

The other has only fought once and against Bisping.

Who's had the better comeback?
ummmm gsp? :/

8d6.jpg
Let's see ..... GSP won the title and Fedor lost to mitrione

Why does this thread even exist it was a no brainer.

Nice analysis... will read again.

Unfortunately, that mentality that Fedor has and GSP doesn't is what makes legendary fighters ruin their legacy. It's what made Chuck Liddell fight until Dana forced him to stop.
Now you get it.

Tough to compare a comeback and a non-comeback. I.e. Fedor wins ... unless you're a fan of non-MMA.

Now you get it.

Tough to compare a comeback and a non-comeback. I.e. Fedor wins ... unless you're a fan of non-MMA.

Well, it depends on what you mean when you say 'better.' I tend to look at it from the perspective of whats better for the fighters legacy. Fedor is definitely more exciting. But to say that this is 'better' for his career is outrageous. You can go ahead and say the end of Chuck Liddell's career was better too. At least it still occurred in the UFC against top competition.

Well, it depends on what you mean when you say 'better.' I tend to look at it from the perspective of whats better for the fighters legacy. Fedor is definitely more exciting. But to say that this is 'better' for his career is outrageous. You can go ahead and say the end of Chuck Liddell's career was better too. At least it still occurred in the UFC against top competition.
Whatever makes you wet. I'll be enjoying MMA fights.

Back