Brazilian vs Mexican vs Russian domination in the UFC

Nooob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It looks like the Brazilian domination in the UFC is dead and the Mexican domination seems to be coming to an end while the Russians are slowly taking over.

So, it got me thinking who do you prefer to dominate the UFC and why?

6 out of the 10 current UFC champs are American

Not even including Cyborg who's an American citizen

Richard-Jenkins-i-don%E2%80%99t-give-a-fuck.gif

Mike Perry is african-american and will be a three weight world champion. Feel me?

Duh

Because America has the majority of the best fighters

It's not like the UFC only lets Americans compete
Well to begin with, it helps that the company is based in america.

The population is also a factor

USA population: 325m
Brazil population: 207m
Russia population: 144m

In addition to that, certain countries aren't as much into this sport as the US is.

Think before you post, moron.

Well to begin with, it helps that company is based in america.

Also

Also, certain countries aren't as much into this sport as the US for example.

Oh Billy no mates has popped up again. Here we go....

Duh

Because America has the majority of the best fighters

It's not like the UFC only lets Americans compete

It's an American organisation. That is why the majority of the fighters are American. Rizin is Japanese. Guess where most of its fighters are from?

It's an American organisation. That is why the majority of the fighters are American. Rizin is Japanese. Guess where most of its fighters are from?
There's literally nobody in RIZIN that would be top 10 in their weight class in the UFC, except Kyoji and maybe Tenshin in the future

Stupid comparison, the UFC is widely regarded as the premier MMA organisation

This is like comparing the Chinese Basketball league to the NBA. The best Chinese players play in the NBA, while the ones who aren't good enough are stuck at home.

There's literally nobody in RIZIN that would be top 10 in their weight class in the UFC, except Kyoji and maybe Tenshin in the future

Stupid comparison, the UFC is widely regarded as the premier MMA organisation

This is like comparing the Chinese Basketball league to the NBA. The best Chinese players play in the NBA, while the ones who aren't good enough are stuck at home.

Yes but Americans have an advantage in the UFC as it's their home country. They speak the language, live there, use the same currency, don't need Visas etc. I'm not saying that Americans aren't great fighters but when Pride was number 1 USA didn't dominate Pride because it wasn't their home. US fighters had to do what current Japanese, Russian etc fighters do and create a new life and try and settle in a foreign place.

Yes but Americans have an advantage in the UFC as it's their home country. They speak the language, live there, use the same currency, don't need Visas etc. I'm not saying that Americans aren't great fighters but when Pride was number 1 USA didn't dominate Pride because it wasn't their home. US fighters had to do what current Japanese, Russian etc fighters do and create a new life and try and settle in a foreign place.
I don't think there was ever a consensus that PRIDE was number 1 like the UFC is now

That was a real rivalry back then (PRIDE vs UFC)

Bellator vs UFC or RIZIN vs UFC in 2018 is not an argument worth having

The UFC's LW/WW divisions certainly were better than PRIDE's LW/WW divisions, and PRIDE had the better Heavies/LHWs. But the gap wasn't as big as most think it was, and sadly Cro Cop's bad run in the UFC reflected that

If Russia's taking over why are there still virtually no Russians in the top 15's of every division?

Well to begin with, it helps that the company is based in america.

The population is also a factor

In addition to that, certain countries aren't as much into this sport as the US is.

Upset because USA is superior. Is normal.

What Russian domination? You can't just say Russians are starting to dominate when theres literally 1 Russian champion

Is there also New Zealand domination?

Back