Jones submitted 14 supplements for testing, but none were actually tainted...yet he still got off

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

With the case of Yoel Romero, the supplements were actually tainted... Yoel submitted his supplements for testing including a sealed box (if I am not mistaken) and USADA verified that it was indeed tainted.

In this case, Jones cannot use the "tainted supplements" defence because the supplements he submitted weren't tainted at all.
Yes somehow, USADA let him off the hook.

With the case of Yoel Romero, the supplements were actually tainted... Yoel submitted his supplements for testing including a sealed box (if I am not mistaken) and USADA verified that it was indeed tainted.

In this case, Jones cannot use the "tainted supplements" defence because the supplements he submitted weren't tainted at all.
Yes somehow, USADA let him off the hook.

It's a really bad look for USADA, the UFC, and the sport in general

Jones must have used this:

Get_out_of_jail_free.jpg

Joe Rogan's tainted cocaine theory must have been true then.

This was USADA's big test of integrity. Give the top guy 4 years or let him off the hook. Say he, again, didn't do it intentionally and praise his character. The arbitrator gets a new yacht. Fans get to see him fight. All's good.

Musta been one fat check that they gave the USADA big wigs

Be it some undercard scrub or Jon Jones, it shouldn't matter: testing should be enforced at the same standards across the board. This signals to everyone that testing matters less the more popular you are, and that there are certain fighters who very well may be above it to a greater or lesser degree. You shouldn't be able to walk from the same failures as other people. Either enforce this stuff properly, or take it all away. Results like this demonstrate that the testing is actually working against creating a solid, fair and healthy playing field for a legitimate sport.

Money has changed hands....USADA paid off. Pride more legitimate and they had fixed fights in pride.

This was USADA's big test of integrity. Give the top guy 4 years or let him off the hook. Say he, again, didn't do it intentionally and praise his character. The arbitrator gets a new yacht. Fans get to see him fight. All's good.

agree

I feel the same way.

giphy.gif

He snitched, which confirms he did cheat because if it was just an accident, he wouldn't have anything to snitch about.

Be it some undercard scrub or Jon Jones, it shouldn't matter: testing should be enforced at the same standards across the board. This signals to everyone that testing matters less the more popular you are, and that there are certain fighters who very well may be above it to a greater or lesser degree. You shouldn't be able to walk from the same failures as other people. Either enforce this stuff properly, or take it all away. Results like this demonstrate that the testing is actually working against creating a solid, fair and healthy playing field for a legitimate sport.
Yup. Machida got 2 years for taking basically the wrong protein shake. Nick Diaz initially got 5 years for weed, despite test not being positive in 2 WADA-approved labs.
Poor Matt Riddle got fired and called a druggie by Dana for smoking weed. He's still hung up on it, recently talking about it that he's not a failure cause he's finally in the WWE. Must have really affected him... been years.

But some how, Anderson Silva and Jon Jones keep getting get out of jail free cards for using steroids.

Just like how USADA allowed Floyd Mayweather to use IV for his fight, despite it being illegal.

"CREAM" - Wu Tang

Yup. Machida got 2 years for taking basically the wrong protein shake. Nick Diaz initially got 5 years for weed, despite test not being positive in 2 WADA-approved labs.
Poor Matt Riddle got fired and called a druggie by Dana for smoking weed. He's still hung up on it, recently talking about it that he's not a failure cause he's finally in the WWE. Must have really affected him... been years.

But some how, Anderson Silva and Jon Jones keep getting get out of jail free cards for using steroids.

Just like how USADA allowed Floyd Mayweather to use IV for his fight, despite it being illegal.

"CREAM" - Wu Tang
Yessir.... 15 months retroactive for a second PED failure vs 5 years for pot
It's fine and all that trolls can wallow in it, but for all the guys n gals out there working and fighting their way up to make a living for themselves..... it's gotta be pretty frustrating.

Yessir.... 15 months retroactive for a second PED failure vs 5 years for pot
It's fine and all that trolls can wallow in it, but for all the guys n gals out there working and fighting there way up to make a living for themselves..... it's gotta be pretty frustrating.
I defended the man when he had his first DUI... saying it was a youthful mistake.

I defended Jones when he tested positive for Cocaine, saying he was a young millionaire and he was just having fun.

I defended Jones when he got off with the hit and run on a woman who turned out to be pregnant... saying he was paying lots of taxes and throwing him behind bars would be less productive than continuing to tax the millions he earns.

I defended Jones when he cried after testing positive for masking agents against DC...

I thought this man, finally changed when he got back into the octagon against DC... and when he won, I used this as an example in one of my motivational speeches towards younger crowds... about overcoming obstacles in life.

Oh how wrong I was.

He not only did the crime again, he even snitched to get off easy.
This man is not going to change any time soon.

If this was Game Of Thrones, Dana/UFC is Cersei and USADA are the Zombie Mountain going around beheading anyone who doesn't bend the knee.

Ol' Jon Snow however... gets special treatment.

Snitcher Is Coming...

Back