Could current champ Max Holloway beat Conor in a 5 round fight?

ewww21

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I say this because he lost to Conor coming off a loss to Dennis Burmudez and that was before he snapped and found his footing and seems way more confident and complete.

That, and, after round 3 Conor's chance to win goes from 95% to 50% to 20% cause of dat gas tank. You think Max could bring Conor into deep water and turn up the pressure for a finish?

Definately can cause conor problems but not sure about winning

Max' health is more suspect than Conor's gas tank.

Doubt it. I think Holloway is damaged permanently now. Way too much head trauma. I hope he can get healthy.

Can Max come back healthy? What the hell really happened to his head?

Doubt it. I think Holloway is damaged permanently now. Way too much head trauma. I hope he can get healthy.
It's head trauma that's his issue? Damn, I thought it was the shitty weight cutting lol.

Is it from being in wars or from training like a dumb ass?

In b4 Conor fans say he dominated max with one knee without mentioning Holloways injury

They both got hurt during the fight

Conor wins a rematch

Depends whether or not Conor can crack that iron chin

When Conor was at the age he met Max, he was getting tapped out by guys you literally never heard of.

Max isn't even recognizable as that green 20 year old.

We should consider Max one of the best featherweight fighters in the history of the sport, it remains to be seen how he performs at lightweight, which is where he would be meeting Conor.

People try and blame the loss on Max being "green", but Max lost that fight because he couldn't handle Conor's forward pressure, power, and accuracy, and so was forced onto his backfoot the entire fight as every time he tried to come forward Conor smacked him back. His entire style is instead based on doing that to his opponent, and current Max isn't even as good of a striker as the Conor he faced back then, let alone today's, so it would just happen again.

Max still loses, probably by KO given his health issues and Conor's increased striking.

doubtful. Mac was hurt by aldo a few times, who is much smaller than him. also max's boxing us meh. hes only champ IMO because he still has that youthful athleticism in a division full of fading WEC fighters (besides Brian Ortega) no one skill stands out for max.

The Max Conor beat was the same Max who could barely deal with Leonard Garcia. He's obviously a much better fighter now. I think Conor would have to sleep him in the first two rounds to win.

doubtful. Mac was hurt by aldo a few times, who is much smaller than him. also max's boxing us meh. hes only champ IMO because he still has that youthful athleticism in a division full of fading WEC fighters (besides Brian Ortega) no one skill stands out for max.
So I guess 145 is full of past their prime bums now that Max is the champ and not Aldo, huh? Lol.

Same shit happened when Jones dethroned Shogun. Just like, overnight, everyone became "too small" or "too old."

Give me a better reason. Max has some of the best striking in the UFC and outlander Aldo, even dropped him. His pacing and cardio never dip. He's a much better fighter now than he was when he fought Conor the first time. That was a green Max, he lost a split decision to Bermudez ffs lol.

If Max could survive the left hand early, he'd for sure take Conor into deep water and drown him there. That's a big if though. If Max could just eat the left like Diaz did, especially like the first fight, Conor would be fucked.

So I guess 145 is full of past their prime bums now that Max is the champ and not Aldo, huh? Lol.

Same shit happened when Jones dethroned Shogun. Just like, overnight, everyone became "too small" or "too old."

Give me a better reason. Max has some of the best striking in the UFC and outlander Aldo, even dropped him. His pacing and cardio never dip. He's a much better fighter now than he was when he fought Conor the first time. That was a green Max, he lost a split decision to Bermudez ffs lol.
the difference is Jones was the first guy to really demolish these dudes in the Octagon. we've never seen destruction like that before.

Max was bullying a Jose aldo that had already been Kid in 13 fucking seconds.

I say this because he lost to Conor coming off a loss to Dennis Burmudez and that was before he snapped and found his footing and seems way more confident and complete.

That, and, after round 3 Conor's chance to win goes from 95% to 50% to 20% cause of dat gas tank. You think Max could bring Conor into deep water and turn up the pressure for a finish?

Forget the Burmudez fight, he was a couple of fights off a controversial win over Leonard Garcia of all people that I thought he actually lost. Using the fight Conor and Holloway had as a basis for how a fight now would go is ludicrous. When Conor was 20-21 years old, he was getting stopped by a flyweight bum on the Irish regional scene.

If Max could just eat the left like Diaz did, especially like the first fight, Conor would be fucked.
they already fought and Mcgregor hit him with everything he had.

Even if Holloway is not a lightweight that woud be a fuckin hard fight for Mcgregor.

He can actually take Mcgregor punches and he can put as much pressure as Nate did but with much more power behind his strikes.

I think that at this stage of their lives I would pick Holloway.

We got kinda robbed out of that fight. Holloway injured his ankle the first kick he threw and Conor injured his knee late in the second round. I need to see max fight at least once before I’d make a prediction. Before his health issues I’d pick max all day. Also what weight class is this?

Back