Could current champ Max Holloway beat Conor in a 5 round fight?

Tell me how Max is supposed to successfully implement his style on Conor when Conor is the better striker, who wants his opponents to come at him and so will pressure Max into trying to do just that and will make him pay with his greater power and accuracy, just like he did then?

Max got better at his style. He didn't reinvent himself a new style. The problem, as it was back then, is his style plays into Conor's hands. You have to hope Conor gasses himself out beating Max to the punch, not Max being better. That's always a terrible idea.

Also, Max is currently on a 12 fight win streak since that loss. 4/12 of those wins came within a year of that loss to Conor. He was the bad fighter you want to pretend he was.
Max could easily use his cardio, granite chin, and a little reverse psychology shit talk to overwhelm Conor, just as Nate Diaz did, who is a inferior striker to Max. There is no guarantee that Conor's chin holds up vs Max, as he has been hurt by singular shots from volume strikers like Nate and Floyd

Getting tapped is another facet of the game, Max got dominated on the feet, his game.

He was 20 years old. Are you telling me the Max Holloway who got summarily tapped by Poirer and lost to Bermudez is a similar fighter to the guy on a current 12 fight win streak?

I know you can't be around MMA so long and believe something so absurd, so what is your weird bias here?

Conor’s ‘bad cardio’ might be a bit overblown. He absolutely ran out of steam in the first Diaz fight, then won a 5 round decision, then had a fight that didn’t go the distance, then boxed for longer than a five round fight would last before losing. That was over a year ago...
He gassed in the Diaz fight and had to take a round off, ended up on the ground lol.

He gassed against Mayweather, too.

Back