Fact about Khabib that may surprise you.

Judo trips are super effective in the clinch but underused. A lot of sambo throws are actually judo throws

I think Judo is more effective than freestyle in MMA but Greco is better than both.

It cant be easy trying to be a wrestler in dagestan. Even if youre great at wrestling like khabib you still arent top ten in your village.

It cant be easy trying to be a wrestler in dagestan. Even if youre great at wrestling like khabib you still arent top ten in your village.
it's like being one of the Kalenjin tribe in Kenya:
"He says that while we tend to think of Kenyans as really good distance runners, all these runners are actually from the same tribe of Kenyans known as the Kalenjin.

"There are 17 American men in history who have run under 2:10 in the marathon," Epstein says. "There were 32 Kalenjin who did it in October of 2011."​

Last edited:
According to this page.

"after having trained for 5 years in Freestyle Wrestling without significant success, Nurmagomedov studied Judo under black belt Dzafar Dzafarov."

Did I just read that right? He was unsuccessful at freestyle wrestling and is more of a judo guy?

https://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-news/top-10-non-bjj-submission-grapplers

He's not athletic enough. That's what I've been saying when I've said these guys are second-tier wrestlers. Then some idiot tried to tell me Khabib is a better wrestler than Chad.

Last edited:
Wrestling is very competitive in Dagestan. No shame in not being the best wrestler over there at a young age. You are not looking at the whole picture though. What makes Khabib so special is that he did train many years in Wrestling, as well as many years in Judo and Sambo. He is a very well rounded grappler.

His freesyle got better after he started training at AKA. He was good before but not championship caliber. Sambo and Judo were his natural callings. Now, he's skills have evened out a lot more.

Other facts,

Khabib winning by KO is paying $5.50 (which seems pretty good).

Khabib getting injured and not making the fight date is paying $6.00. But only $1.09 to make it

lol, no it's not.
Depends on how it's applied. In the clinch Judo will help you much more than freestyle. At distance freestyle will help way more than judo. Just depends on how you fight.

Khabib having years of experience in so many grappling arts is what makes him so effective. He always has options for TDs.

lol, no it's not.
Well Fedor and Ronda are my Judo choices. Who you got? Gold medalist Kevin Jackson who got armbarred in less than 30 seconds? Cejudo? Most of the good MMA wrestlers are Greco guys.

Fact that may surprise Khabib: He's going to wake up twice on October 6th.

He's not athletic enough. That's what I've been saying when I've said these guys are second-tier wrestlers. Then some idiot tried to tell me Khabib is a better wrestler than Chad.
What's Chad's achievements in wrestling? To be division 1 wrestler? Guys like Chad, can't become district champion in Dagestan, cause competition is so strong.
And, this athletic obsession by americans is funny, just look at GOAT wrestler - Buvaisar, is he look like most athletic guy?

In Dagestan, being unsuccessful wrestler is like European champ only or something

Well Fedor and Ronda are my Judo choices. Who you got? Gold medalist Kevin Jackson who got armbarred in less than 30 seconds? Cejudo? Most of the good MMA wrestlers are Greco guys.
Its the other way around,Almost all great mma wrestler are freestyle wrestler

Back