38-0 with 37 Wins by KO

I don't know if there has been a Champion with that high of a KO percentage(
Yeah there is, Anthony Joshua is a World Champion with a 100% KO record.

Yeah there is, Anthony Joshua is a World Champion with a 100% KO record.

Is he champ? I thought he got kicked out of the UFC cause he kept missing wieght. Did he beat JDS for the title.

Is he champ? I thought he got kicked out of the UFC cause he kept missing wieght. Did he beat JDS for the title.
He's IBF Champion for the last three fights. If he beats Klitschko then it will be a bigger scalp then Wilder could even dream of. Wilder can then carry on making a career out of fighting bums whilst AJ gets down to real business.

He's IBF Champion for the last three fights. If he beats Klitschko then it will be a bigger scalp then Wilder could even dream of. Wilder can then carry on making a career out of fighting bums whilst AJ gets down to real business.

Wlad WAS a Great Champion but is nothing now but a name and shouldn't be getting a title shot. He is washed up and a win over him is meaningless BUT a LOSS to him would be devastating. This is like the Joe Smith/Hopkin fight all over again.

He has a ton of power and it makes up for his technical inadequacies. The thing that worries me the most is he's been given a very soft slew of opponents to build him up, but he doesn't actually look like he's getting better. I think he's hit his ceiling. He's going to KO mediocre fighters in spectacular fashion but I see lopsided decision losses to other top heavyweights unless he can increase his output and accuracy.

Wilder definitely has that one hitter quitter power and it can be unleashed at any point in the fight. That's what makes him dangerous. The problem is that he's not very good in other areas.

Gerald Washington was pitching a shut out until he got caught. Prior to that he struggled with Duhaupas and Eric Molina, and even Artur Szpilka before knocking them out.

Now because the HW division is devoid of talent, and it's filled with big stiff idiots, he can get away with being limited because all the other HWs are limited as well.

Absolutely this. Wilder would get nowhere near fury and would eat a jab for 12 rounds at best. Not sure fury will fight again though

I'd have at least 3-4 guys in the division beating wilder. Won't hold my breath that he will fight any of them though. Stiverne again next no doubt as he is going to use whatever excuse to duck Ortiz. Hopefully he loses his title soon so he can stop holding it hostage

Ortiz is one of the few hw with skills all around. Wasted talent.

Wlad WAS a Great Champion but is nothing now but a name and shouldn't be getting a title shot. He is washed up and a win over him is meaningless BUT a LOSS to him would be devastating. This is like the Joe Smith/Hopkin fight all over again.
A majority of people arent going to write off a hall of famer after 1 loss. That name even if washed up and over the hill is still better than anybody on Wilders resume by a land slide.
Especially when Klitschko has always bounced back from loses.
Furry is an unorthodoxed puzzle that makes everyone look bad. Including himself.

Wilder has yet to even fight the guys Klitchko destroyed. Now this is entirely not his fault but there is a reason why nodody is buying the hype or why he hasnt caught on like Joshua.
I know you're kind of kidding around though in the initial posts.

Im giving Wilder a pass for Washington though. He had clear ring rust. Coming off bad injuries still. Was scared and tentative. Always looks sloppy and awkward but this was a lot different. I think Wilder is legit worried about his power and breaking his hand. Seems like he wasnt use to moving around with a guy his size. However, as soon as he turned it on and opened up the fight was over.

Said hes worried about actually killing someone lol.

Knocked some rust off and then went to town in the 5th. Wilder will never be a smooth boxer. Never going to be the best ever either. But what he will continue to be is one of the scariest punchers in the business. He has terrifying firepower and he can put anyones lights out with one punch.

2017 lets goooooo
“Like I say, I have the WBC (belt), Parker has the WBO, we can unify those belts, (England’s Anthony) Joshua and (Wladimir) Klitschko (will fight for) the WBA and IBF belts. So whoever has those belts, at the end of the year, you fight for them. It’s brilliant to have two and two and to fight to unify the division.”

It's the combination of fluidity and power from GGG. Watching GGG stalk his opponent using superior footwork and a lot of shifting (not common these days) to slowly break them down is beautiful to behold.

I prefer to watch the systematic destruction of a fighter than the ugly one punch. That's not to say that all one shot KO artists are sloppy or no fun to watch, but wilder is imo.
Wilder is no fun to watch?

People are always going to complain on the Internet.
Wilder fights are entertaining and as exciting as they come even against journeyman.
Sorry hes not perfect or rated 99 like on a video game. Lol
Wilder and Joshua have made the heavyweight division worth talking about again

People are always going to complain on the Internet.
Wilder fights are entertaining and as exciting as they come even against journeyman.
Sorry hes not perfect or rated 99 like on a video game. Lol
Wilder and Joshua have made the heavyweight division worth talking about again
I mean sure hes a brawler, but my god lol.

Boring may be the very last word Id use to describe Wilder.

I mean sure hes a brawler, but my god lol.

Boring may be the very last word Id use to describe Wilder.
Exactly. Plus its kind of cool seeing guys who actually look like conditioned world class athletes throw down & throw bombs. Watching winded fat dudes with tits trying to be technical and defensive for 12 rounds is a lot worse IMO. Thats what the heavyweight division became. A lot of guys that are only heavyweights because they dont have the conditioning and diets of a pro level athlete.

Lol oh dear. He has the most padded record I've ever seen. He struggled against a polish football hooligan for gods sake. I can only presume that TS is trolling or delusional to the point of madness. The only people hyping the shit out of him are the Americans who desperately want to believe he's something special.

Nothing but a name is going a bit too far. If we just assume for a second that Wlad is over hill he's not by much and he is still capable of beating 95% of the HW's out there currently. A win over Wlad would cement Joshua's name in legend and a loss wouldn't be bad either since this is only his 19th pro fight. He's still young and will be able to bounce back from a loss to the greatest HW in the last decade.

Funny how everybody is all gaga about GGG's power, but wants to discredit the Wilder's best KO percentage in the game. I mean go to sleep with one punch type of power.
Come on, it doesn't matter who else is overrated, he needs to step up in competition. How many defenses does he need to make a big fight. It's not like there aren't better opponents available for him.

He is a great puncher and I'm a fan, but he hasn't been making fights to prove he's the best, just picking up paydays.

Would you be saying that about Klitschko if he were fighting Wilder instead of Joshua? He just started showing his age. Hopkins was at that point about a decade before fighting Smith. Sure he's at the end of his career but he's still better than any of Wilder's defenses.

He can be exciting and I'll watch his fights, but his style is not my favorite. I don't like the waiting in suspense for that one punch as much as watching an opponent get steadily broken down.

It's like how I prefer watching someone like carlos condit to someone like Shane carwin. Both finishers, but completely different in how they get the finish.

Back