If Stipe merks DC will he finally get the recognition he deserves?

NationWideNinja

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Of being the badass that he is? Or will people claim that he beat an old LHW and move the goalposts again?

<26>

No, he'll be criticized for beating up a little fat guy.

I'll give him credit but I'm rooting for DC.

Stipe is a good fighter. Nice overall skills, aint scared to stand and bang, hits hard. There is nothing not to like on him. I dont see him special anywhere, though. Imo he will ko dc. HW goat? I cant, there were some guys ahead of him

No, because if you beat one of the best but you have an average personality and speak too fast, then you are just lucky.

I don't see any "merking" (or is it "murking") happening. It will, probably, be a competitive fight. As far as Miocic getting the recognition he should be having, i don't think this fight should be the bar. Both guys have a good "resume" already and their skills have been on display multiple times before.

I predict another HW goat poll on here as usual after a win.

Edit..if he wins. I'm in no way pretending I know who wins this. I think some people underrate DC.

Nope. This fight is about the UFC throwing their loved one (which I still don't get; the guy is a cringeworthy wrestling coach on the mic, and biased as fuck commentator; hell even Felder does a better job) DC a party and giving Stipe the finger. If DC humps and paws his way to a decision there will be a bunch of crying and "greatest ever" talk after which he will retire or angle for a circus fight against Brock Lesnar so he can get his pay day, and Stipe will look like "an ass getting beat by an old LHW." If he wins he was "supposed to win" and have either Ngannou or Blaydes waiting for him. It's all about giving DC his prom night.

i think so. 226 is a big event and dc is his biggest opponent yet.

Stipe is one of the most beloved MMA fighters right now though. You guys need to hop off Sherdog every once and a while and see how normal people see MMA.

Sherdog is filled with loser virgins who hate on everyone, thus giving you guys the wrong idea on how they are perceived by the MMA community in general

Stipe is one of the most beloved MMA fighters right now though. You guys need to hop off Sherdog every once and a while and see how normal people see MMA.

Sherdog is filled with loser virgins who hate on everyone, thus giving you guys the wrong idea on how they are perceived by the MMA community in general
Ok ok, take it easy.

Stipe is a good fighter. Nice overall skills, aint scared to stand and bang, hits hard. There is nothing not to like on him. I dont see him special anywhere, though. Imo he will ko dc. HW goat? I cant, there were some guys ahead of him
Names?

Nope. This fight is about the UFC throwing their loved one (which I still don't get; the guy is a cringeworthy wrestling coach on the mic, and biased as fuck commentator; hell even Felder does a better job) DC a party and giving Stipe the finger. If DC humps and paws his way to a decision there will be a bunch of crying and "greatest ever" talk after which he will retire or angle for a circus fight against Brock Lesnar so he can get his pay day, and Stipe will look like "an ass getting beat by an old LHW." If he wins he was "supposed to win" and have either Ngannou or Blaydes waiting for him. It's all about giving DC his prom night.
I second this. Stipe has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Not because of this fight alone, but because he has been a consistent winner against the best. Stipe is a great fighter.

He does get the credit he deserves him from the knowledgeable fans.

I think Stipe deserves a lot of credit and beating DC should bolster that.

Give him a win over Cain and Blaydes after that and it will be hard to ignore what he has done.

I second this. Stipe has nothing to gain and everything to lose.
Kinda like Eddie Alvarez and Nate before his rematch with Conor.

Conor had everything to gain from those fights and nothing to lose but people call him courageous for taking both fights.

Back