If Stipe merks DC will he finally get the recognition he deserves?

If he wins I am sure we will hear about Fedor doing some things in Japan like 20 years ago..

True that. r/MMA tends to gush over Stipe, for example. Even criticisms often start "I love Stipe but..."

I enjoy r/mma because they seem to actually enjoy the sport instead of treating it like a male soap opera like users here

I believe whichever fighter wins moves up in the GOAT discussions. Stipe isn't the HW undisputed GOAT yet even if he wins but is knocking on the door. DC moves up to top-8, arguably top-5 P4P GOAT ranking, but the ghost of Jones will still haunt him.

Recognition from who?

If from pros and people involved in the sport, then he already has their respect.

If from message boards, probably not.

werdum is the funniest one. he was supposedly so good but only for 1 fight at a time lol. he beat cain in his best win of his career aside from fedor, and the very next fight he got slept in the 1st by stipe.

Beating DC might legitimize him... I feel like the way he beats people doesn't help his case. He's knocking people out but somehow it still doesn't seem impressive. I'm really looking forward to that fight. I feel like its a really high level heavyweight fight and that doesn't happen very often.

werdum is the funniest one. he was supposedly so good but only for 1 fight at a time lol. he beat cain in his best win of his career aside from fedor, and the very next fight he got slept in the 1st by stipe.

Not to mention that the guy starts his fights of with a flying kick, but yet somehow against Stipe his wild style was "uncharacteristic"

100 percent if he ktfo cormier he gets the goat status

Back