Fighters that finally earned your respect!

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Which fighters who you may have not liked or were indifferent to have done things that were able warm your respect?

Example:

Josh koscheck: at one point he stopped being a blanket and fought standing up. Also was vocal about ufc.

Karo parisyan: I always liked him but when he returned my emails I appreciated his commitment to his fanbase.

Richard Franklin: indifferent to him but really felt bonded when I realized his cheat meals ate donuts.

Joe riggs: thought he was a prick but became fan after getting in to boxing myself and seeing Riggs have a traditional boxing stance.

Miesha tate: she went to shake rondas hand to show respect. She may not have earned rondas respect but she earned MINE!

Kevin Lee. At first, I thought he was just another loudmouth trying to get some attention.

Then I realised (i) he's really that way, and being genuine, he's also likeable, and (ii) he is LEGIT.

Cody grew on me after beating Cruz. I'm not big on the asshole thug personas butbge seemed genuine, just a bit immature

Justin Gaethje, Wonderboy (those bombs he took from Woodley in the first fight), and Kevin Lee fighting with staph against Tony. Top of the list is Max. I went from thinking he was a good fighter. After making some adjustments and always wanting to take on the killers is something to admire. Also, when he's up on the scorecards and is willing to trade at the end of the fight with guys is insane. You can drain the clock and play it safe, but not Holloway.

How to earn and lose Sherdogger's respect is going to be an interesting read

Conor when he trew dat dolly tru the bus window.

Frankie Edgar. Couldn't stand his style at first. It was point fight and run to a decision. I thought if he was gonna do that, go be a boxer. He wasn't even doing what I would call MMA.

He won me over with his toughness and when he started to finish.

Frankie Edgar. Couldn't stand his style at first. It was point fight and run to a decision. I thought if he was gonna do that, go be a boxer. He wasn't even doing what I would call MMA.

He won me over with his toughness and when he started to finish.

Frankie is a point fighter, was one the most frustrating popular sherdog opinions imo. So glad we've moved on.

bisping. not just obtaining the long elusive title, but his longevity in general. tough sob.

still dont care much for his personality, but he's earned my respect in the cage.

Conor earned my respect after the Alvarez fight. He has since lost it again<{hughesimpress}>

I respect all fighters. I don't like all fighters.

Respect =\= likability

I don't like Colby but I do respect him.

On a side note you don't fight ignorance with ignorance.

I was not a huge fan of Cruz in WEC to say the least

But the way he rebounded from 3, yes, 3 fucking career ending injuries, made me respect him a lot more. My jaw is still dropped from that return performance against Mizugaki.

Also showed tons of heart and grits against Garbrandt. Wiped the blood off his face and tried to slap Cody with it in the 5th.

Me from 10 years ago would have never believed I'd say such thing one day but Cruz is a warrior and a legit baddass.

Back