Fighters that finally earned your respect!

When Joanna Goat said "you got nuff respect" & "more respect for the champ" her stock rose.

joanna_and_claudia_get_heated_ahead_of_training.gif

Of your list, Tate. She was improving every fight and I began to respect her... Then she retired and threw that out the window

Bisping when he KO’d Rockhold. Then he lost it by defending his title against unranked middeweights, then losing said title to a welterweight coming back from retirement.

Weidman @ UFC 168
Stipe @ vs Arlovski

Only ones that come to mind.

Kevin Lee. At first, I thought he was just another loudmouth trying to get some attention.

Then I realised (i) he's really that way, and being genuine, he's also likeable, and (ii) he is LEGIT.
He was alot more likeable on the preflight show. Embedded I think? Or countdown. Can't remember.

Got a warning for this thread but I am not sure what mistake with infractions. The thing is, not every fighter is going to have the same level of courage as their fellow colleagues. Thus some fighters deserve more respect for that extra courage and character.

Which fighters who you may have not liked or were indifferent to have done things that were able warm your respect?

Example:

Josh koscheck: at one point he stopped being a blanket and fought standing up. Also was vocal about ufc.

Karo parisyan: I always liked him but when he returned my emails I appreciated his commitment to his fanbase.

Richard Franklin: indifferent to him but really felt bonded when I realized his cheat meals ate donuts.

Joe riggs: thought he was a prick but became fan after getting in to boxing myself and seeing Riggs have a traditional boxing stance.

Miesha tate: she went to shake rondas hand to show respect. She may not have earned rondas respect but she earned MINE!
Tank...

After being historically a POS, he decided to carry the Ol ´School Flag .

Hespect.

Back