Rumor: All PPV's moving to fightpass in 2019 for 24.99/mo

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
From the guy who used to run UFC FightPass:

more from other sources:

Means nothing to me cos I'm across the pond. (edit:why in the fuck did I say border? lol) I'm gonna say interesting.

Glad to see fight pass is staying, there's literally everything on there for fight fans.

Last edited:
My only worry is that,

With a flat PPV rate they don't have any incentive to stack some PPVs.

Can't we get the same WWE Network pricing?

<DCrying>

Still gonna stream.

That sounds pretty good to me.

I used to buy just about every one, then there was a time period where I noticed a bunch of WMMA garbage consistently cluttering the PPVs, and Woodley’s three stinkers with Wonderboy and Maia were the nail in the coffin that turned me to streaming.

Since then, I’ve only bought one (Stipe vs Ngannou) and they’ve jacked the price up even more which was a slap in the face with the content being watered down.

A $19.99/month subscription would bring a lot of people back from the streams IMO.

For $65/show they can go fuck themselves.

My only worry is that,

Yeah but that also means that means you'll have less shallow PPVs.

I'm ok with staying in the middle of the road for the most part.

"I have zero inside knowledge of either of the ESPN deals and zero inside knowledge about UFC's internal FP strategy"

Fight Pass, how ironic that’s the name because I’m gonna pass.

I'd be down. Would sortof shit in ESPN's face a little tho so I can't see it happening

bad for fighters, especially popular ones

full

I'd be down. Would sortof shit in ESPN's face a little tho so I can't see it happening

i think the idea would be whoever subscibes to this would also become an espn plus subriber so espn would probably be thrilled with this.

My only worry is that,

in order to get new subscribers I think they would need a few huge ppv's every year. like wwe has wrestle mania.

25 bucks a month huh?

It's a shame I'm considering giving up on the sport entirely.

Still, that's pretty good. I'd pay for that.

They'd probably try and lock you into a very long term contract though, so subbing and canceling depending on your own preference(having a couple of PPV's in a row that you're not a fan of) wouldn't be as easy.

If true I guarantee it will be a steady climb up to $50 a month.

Get lots of subs in cheap then raise it.

Slowly but surely. Bit by bit.

yes, but will fightpass still have blacked out content? If so, it's horseshit.

Back