Why there's no Cruiserweight in the UFC, Bellator or any other mma promotion?

strongstylekarate

Nokia will beat Apple 2019
Banned
Reaction score

They weight gap between Heavyweight and Light-Heavyweight is huge, another weightclass should be introduce.

I agree. Reduce light heavy to 200, cruiserweight 225, heavyweight unlimited.

Remove the Flyweight division and introduce a Cruiserweight division.

the interim belt should be renamed the intercontinental belt.

They weight gap between Heavyweight and Light-Heavyweight is huge, another weightclass should be introduce.

They don't even have enough quality guys for LHW and HW, it would water both down even more.

If they're changing anything at all in the near future, it's 155, 165, 175. There is a ton of talent in between 155-175

the interim belt should be renamed the intercontinental belt.

Yes!

6YX.gif

Cause we don't need like 30000 different weight classes like boxing. Add 165, 225, and get rid of the HW cap

Correct.

If we're going to have a cruiserweight championship, then we must get a intercontinental champion too!

Admittedly, I should've used a smaller, cruiserweight wrassler GIF.

Don't you mean "introduced", with a 'd' at the end?

Admittedly, I should've used a smaller, cruiserweight wrassler GIF.
Well, ultimate warrior was an intercontinental champion too, not a cruiserweight.

Well, ultimate warrior was an intercontinental champion too, not a cruiserweight.
That one I knew, from before I stopped watching wrasslin'. I couldn't tell you who was a cruiserweight AND Intercontinental Champ. Eddie Guerrero perhaps?

By the way, the belt should be made of plexiglass and be transparent too, so everyone knows it's not the real title...but that's just my personal opinion.

<<The weight gap between Heavyweight and Light-Heavyweight is huge>>

Krylov the 217 lb HW

Walt-Harris-vs.-Nikita-Krylov.gif

Get rid of all weight classes.

<<The weight gap between Heavyweight and Light-Heavyweight is huge>>

Krylov the 217 lb HW

Walt-Harris-vs.-Nikita-Krylov.gif

I was thinking he meant a weight class in between 186-205 and 205+. So he thinks we need a 186-195, 196-205, then HW...I think.

source.gif

ONE has a cruiserweight division

225 I think.

Basically too many weight classes. It is Abigail gap from 206-266

i dont think a cruiserweight division would really kick off anyway in MMA. LHW right now isn't that good same with heavyweight, so adding something in between won't pan out too well. And the cruiserweight division in boxing is probably the least popular anyway except for the super light divisions, sub 120lbs.

Cause we don't need like 30000 different weight classes like boxing. Add 165, 225, and get rid of the HW cap
He suggested adding one new division and you said no we don't need more, then recommended adding two new ones.

:oops:

Back