Is Garbrandt more than just a boxer?

Parang

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It didnt seem like it in the TJ fight. I dont think he beats the top guys fighting like that. If all Cody has is good hands, hes screwed. I respect him and he mixed it up a little in the Cruz fight, but if hes primarirly a boxer, thats not good enough for him to survive. Rivera eats him alive, and so does Barao even at this point

He's an extremely good wrestler, won the Ohio state high school championship when he was just a freshman.

He is the final form in the evolution of the Boxer-Wrestler.

Boxer/wrestler and very good when he fights intelligently as he did against Cruz.

Best to ask his daddy he knows him rather well

tenor.gif

cody looks like a guy who's going to go the low-fight-IQ route. he's talented and athletic but he's fallen in love with his striking power, like rampage did.

he's going to have to mix it up a lot more if he's going to beat TJ, TJ is way too smart a fighter to just get beat with boxing alone.

TJ did make him look limited in their fight. Cody is a damn good counter puncher but he needs some other things going in his game for that to always work.

It didnt seem like it in the TJ fight. I dont think he beats the top guys fighting like that. If all Cody has is good hands, hes screwed. I respect him and he mixed it up a little in the Cruz fight, but if hes primarirly a boxer, thats not good enough for him to survive. Rivera eats him alive, and so does Barao even at this point

Barao isn't beating anyone in the top 5 anymore

I don't even particularly like him but the guy who went like 10-0 or something with a win over Cruz who just beat TJ is 'screwed'? No he's not but I do agree he should mix it up with his striking and offensive wrestling.

Yes. Stupid thread. If he was just a boxer he would've lost all his MMA fights by submission in the first round.

No he's not 'just a boxer' ... he's an elite MMA fighter.

He's a real boy

<30>
<{cruzshake}>

I stand by my statement that Barao KOs him if Cody decides to just box with him, but I did forget that Barao just lost and will probably never get that fight. Cruz fight was great though. Maybe he was just scared to wrestle TJ cause his back injury? Maybe the fight just didnt go long enough for Cody to show the rest of his game. But he looked like a boxer against TJ. Which doesnt get you anywhere

His wrestling vs cruz was great. He's just too hotheaded and wanted to KO TJ, similar to the way TJ wanted to KO Dom.

Back