Kevin Lee: I don’t think Tony Ferguson will ever be the same after recent knee injury

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“I feel bad for the guy, I really do. I don’t think he’ll ever be the same coming off that one,

That’s huge, especially at 34 (years old), to try and come back off that. And it kind of sucks for me, too, because I think I fought the best Tony Ferguson that you’re gonna see, period, really.”

“He’ll come back and he’ll still beat great guys. He’s still gonna do very good. But I don’t think he’ll be the same,” Lee said.

“I think the body can come back, it’s just I don’t know if his mind will let him be as free (because) that was one of Tony’s biggest assets,” he added. “He just does whatever the f—k he wants, and now, when he gets back in there, is he gonna be thinking about his knee? Even if that’s at the back of your mind, it’s limited to that type of style that he likes to fight.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Coming back from an injury is mostly mental... Guess we will find out. Hopefully 100% Ferguson is born and we get to see him fight Mcgregor or Khabib...

Looked very gnarly. I can't fucking believe this happened after he tripped over his own two feet. You can't write this stuff.

“I think the body can come back, it’s just I don’t know if his mind will let him be as free (because) that was one of Tony’s biggest assets,” he added. “He just does whatever the f—k he wants, and now, when he gets back in there, is he gonna be thinking about his knee? Even if that’s at the back of your mind, it’s limited to that type of style that he likes to fight.”

He has a point here. Check Shogun pre and post knee injuries. He went from a reckless creative free flowing fighter to a subdued headhunter. The rule changes (stomps and soccer kicks -- which Shogun was the GOAT at) from Pride to UFC obviously made a difference but his entire movement changed. He became rigid

GSP was never the same wrecking machine after the knee surgeries.
It could have just been him being careful not to injure them again, but he definitely wasn’t as explosive. Pre-injury GSP would have ragdolled Nick Diaz 10x worse.

Looked very gnarly. I can't fucking believe this happened after he tripped over his own two feet. You can't write this stuff.
He was obviously hurt ahead of the trip.

"I bet he is unable to get me in that triangle now".

Lee had a good showing on the Rogan podcast. I dont think he's a douche. He just plays one on TV. Like Conor.

Theres a certain genius to the way Kevin Lee insults people or bitch slaps people. He can go easy or hard. He's really good at being a nice guy dick.

He was obviously hurt ahead of the trip.

I think that's what most people are thinking. No way to prove it, of course but after his training video of kicking steel pipes, it's hard not to think he was already injured.

Looks like someone implanted a grenade in his knee and it detonated, so yeah that's a strong possibility.

I think that's what most people are thinking. No way to prove it, of course but after his training video of kicking steel pipes, it's hard not to think he was already injured.
I just find it hard to believe that a trip caused that severe of an injury. I’ve tripped and fell many times in my life and never hurt myself. I bet many can say the same. It’s natural to break your own fall which increases the unlikelihood of a injury to happen.

Now if he tripped and fell down the stairs that would be a different story. LOL

Yes, that injury is nothing to scoff at, along with him looking to already fuck it up more with his abhorrent training.

One thing I do respect Kevin Lee for that was mentioned in the commentary last fight, he actually went ahead and got a sport psychologist when he was having doubts in himself. Too many guys let ego get in the way in getting over mental hurdles and it shows a maturity in Lee. Tony kinda seems delusional in some aspects of his personality, this injury may cause him some cognitive dissonance if deep down he knows he can't go all out like he always does anymore.

Lee's right. You never come back 100%. You always leave something behind.

"I bet he is unable to get me in that triangle now".

Lee had a good showing on the Rogan podcast. I dont think he's a douche. He just plays one on TV. Like Conor.
Conor has attacked a referee, thrown a 40 lb steel dolly at a bus filled with people, been involved in multiple altercations outside of the ring....The guy is just a douche period. A criminal douche at that.

Lcl injuries are a lot easier to come back from than other knee injuries , but the mental aspect shouldn’t be underestimated

“I’ll ankle pick you Bro!”- TV cables

Back