Kevin Lee: I don’t think Tony Ferguson will ever be the same after recent knee injury

"I bet he is unable to get me in that triangle now".

Lee had a good showing on the Rogan podcast. I dont think he's a douche. He just plays one on TV. Like Conor.

Nah, Conor's definitely a douche

Looked very gnarly. I can't fucking believe this happened after he tripped over his own two feet. You can't write this stuff.

If the indoor sunglasses played a part then ugh...just ugh...

“I feel bad for the guy, I really do. I don’t think he’ll ever be the same coming off that one,

That’s huge, especially at 34 (years old), to try and come back off that. And it kind of sucks for me, too, because I think I fought the best Tony Ferguson that you’re gonna see, period, really.”

“He’ll come back and he’ll still beat great guys. He’s still gonna do very good. But I don’t think he’ll be the same,” Lee said.

“I think the body can come back, it’s just I don’t know if his mind will let him be as free (because) that was one of Tony’s biggest assets,” he added. “He just does whatever the f—k he wants, and now, when he gets back in there, is he gonna be thinking about his knee? Even if that’s at the back of your mind, it’s limited to that type of style that he likes to fight.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

I had the same injury from judo about 15 years ago. I'm 100% recovered now, but it took about seven years to feel fully healed. If It takes half that time for Tony, he'll be 38 years old. Kevin may have a good point. Then again, medicine has come a long way since I had my injury.

I always look forward to the "let's have a separate thread for every semi-controversial statement on a Rogan podcast" game.

Looked very gnarly. I can't fucking believe this happened after he tripped over his own two feet. You can't write this stuff.

They probably left out the part where he tripped after kicking a steel pipe

If anyone can do it Tony can. He's already defying odds by being atop division at 34 and he's crazy AF so won't have these reservations Lee is talking about.

Sunglasses inside a dark studio. It was bound to happen.

Back