Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Dvalishvili 10 9
Dvalishvili 10 9
Simon 10 8
28-28. draw.

that was actually my guess for the outcome

I always thought it was common knowledge that when the fight ends, you go to the judges scorecards.

Last edited:
Getting refs to score near chokes 10-8s seems like a dangerous precedent we don’t want set

Nope. Nobody wants to see a decision.

I felt he was done at the end of the fight. I agreed with the call.

It really wasn't a great guillotine from the beginning, Dvalishvili's head was off line and Simon couldn't put his body into so he switched to more of a neck crank near the end. I don't think there was ever extreme pressure on his trachea or arteries. This is what a one arm mounted guillotine should look like:

Luke%2BRockhold%2BMichael%2BBisping%2B(3).gif

Notice how he's torquing Bisping's head back into his forearm by getting his lat behind the head and arching his back.

I felt he was done at the end of the fight. I agreed with the call.
Nobody has yet to address my question about Dvalishvili's leg movement up till the end of the round. How could he be out yet moving his legs the whole time. Simon said that Dvalishvili was clearly out, but I still don't get that.

Nobody has yet to address my question about Dvalishvili's leg movement up till the end of the round. How could he be out yet moving his legs the whole time. Simon said that Dvalishvili was clearly out, but I still don't get that.
Fights move after they are out all the time. BredanSchaubkoRothwell.gif

He wasnt out until the bell rang or a second later, i was impressed by Merabs durrabily and will, not to give up he was fighting through but i can understand the decision you cant lay there motionless after the bell rings just weird that it was always till this point when the bell rings the fight is over.

Via the rules it matters. He was out, bell can't save you, technical submission win.
if he was out? why didnt the ref stop it? isn't that his job? anyways....
his legs were constantly in motion. he even scoffed at Simon after he let the choke go. he wasnt out
bad reffing, bad call.
Dvalishvili got screwed imo

if he was out? why didnt the ref stop it? isn't that his job?
anyways....
his legs were constantly in motion. he even scoffed at Simon after he let the choke go. he wasnt out
bad reffing, bad call.

Refs aren't perfect, while in a choke it can be difficult to immediately tell when a fight loses consciousness. He was out, he loses.

He wasnt out he was moving his legs voluntarily... after bell he can lay and rest since fight was over.

He was out. He had the thousand mile stare into space, arms stiff and the one leg was just subconscious muscle memory movement.

NJSAC’s Nick Lembo, John McCarthy, Marc Goddard, ref in the fight, etc all agree he was out and the right call was made.

uSMDfvw.gif

if he was out? why didnt the ref stop it? isn't that his job? anyways....
bad reffing, bad call.
Dvalishvili got screwed imo
Yeah, his legs were in constant involuntary motion

Refs aren't perfect, while in a choke it can be difficult to immediately tell when a fight loses consciousness. He was out, he loses.

He was out. He had the thousand mile stare into space, arms stiff and the one leg was just subconscious muscle memory movement.

NJSAC’s Nick Lembo, John McCarthy, Marc Goddard, ref in the fight, etc all agree he was out and the right call was made.

uSMDfvw.gif
Glad the right call was made.

He wasnt out until the bell rang or a second later, i was impressed by Merabs durrabily and will, not to give up he was fighting through but i can understand the decision you cant lay there motionless after the bell rings just weird that it was always till this point when the bell rings the fight is over.

Erm yeah you can? Where the fuck does it say that in the rule book?

Remember when Condit and Lawler went 5 and they both collapsed with exhaustion after the fight?
What should of happened a N/C?

Back