would a draw have been fair? Dvalishvili vs simon

Erm yeah you can? Where the fuck does it say that in the rule book?

Remember when Condit and Lawler went 5 and they both collapsed with exhaustion after the fight?
What should of happened a N/C?
You can, and it can cost you the fight, could have won by decision but doesnt matter anyway. In my opinion should have went to the cards but if your unable to fight at any point the fight can be taken from you which i find stupid since the fight goes 15 minutes but thats the way it played out.

uSMDfvw.gif
thx for the gif. and the ref only stopped it then bc the bell rang.
and if that gif continued for another split second after Simon points at Dvalishvili, Dvalishvili scoffs at Simon. saying like fuck you im not out.

Refs aren't perfect, while in a choke it can be difficult to immediately tell when a fight loses consciousness. He was out, he loses.

He was out. He had the thousand mile stare into space, arms stiff and the one leg was just subconscious muscle memory movement.

NJSAC’s Nick Lembo, John McCarthy, Marc Goddard, ref in the fight, etc all agree he was out and the right call was made.

uSMDfvw.gif

IF he was unconscious it was not until AFTER the fight... had it happened between rounds ok... but this was determined AFTER the fight was over. There is not need to be able to continue if the fight is over. Unconscious fighters don't move there legs like that, or signal defiantly toward their opponent (which your GIF leaves out) Face it, it's a sport that is poorly regulated. Dude survived during regulation and deserved a chance at the scorecards even if you don't like it.

well, Goddard and BJM both agree that the fight should not have gone to the judges. source.

i appreciate your angle, TS. when a fight ends, it should be over. but apparently that's not actually how it works.

no point in getting frustrated about it - the good news is, you and i both learned something this weekend :)

Back