Gustafsson has the best adaptability in MMA, will be 205 lb champ.

Neitzsche

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Gustaffson went from having virtually no wrestling skills in the Davis fight, to having high caliber skills that led to impressive take downs, coupled with skillful take down defense within a small amount of time. He is an astoundingly fast learner, is incredibly strong, and despite his one off fight with Johnson, is naturally tactical.

Gustaffson deadlift reps of 660 lbs with bottom heavy hips. Cormier is old, and Jones has been out to long.

Everybody is sleeping on Gustaffson.

ZLWpKyx.gif

He is definitely top 3 when he is active, and has as good of chance at beating Cormier and Jones as anybody

Once Cormier retires I'd love to see Johnson return. He'll knock Gus back into the number 2 gatekeeper spot.

He can't beat explosive fighters. His best bet is to outcardio them, since it is well known on Sherdog that explosive and athletic fighters have bad cardio

His mauling of Glover was amazing, even though I like Glover. I just want to see him fight more.

Hopefully he starts fighting more often than once a year.

Well if DC wins at HW he may retire or stay there, so the UFC will likely gift him a title shot if he signs a new contract

Did he sign a new contract yet?

A lot of the tactics Jon Jones uses to control distance do not work vs. Gustafsson. I feel like if this fight is one of the best possible matchups the UFC has ever had the chance of making.

Agreed.
Cormier is on way out and Jones messes up too much and dmages himself with coke.

Gus has a shot at the title.

I wish he could fight more often, is he injury prone or what? or he just like to fight once per year? seriously what potential waste

Gus is stupidly inactive. He's blowing his prime. One of the most talented LHWs ever and he fights once a year. He'd be a terrible champion unless he becomes more active.

Gus will win the belt and defend it many times, I don't know if he will break Jones's 8. I believe this right now is the best version of Gus that there is, skills and everything he's in his prime. Now with that said, I think he will do it only because LHW is weak and there isn't much high level competition for him. Jones was defending in the most stacked division ever. Now this is under the assumption he's gonna stay active and fights minimum twice a year

Pretty sure literally no one is sleeping on Gus. It's pretty obvious and well known from the D.C. and Jones fight that he is a P4P elite fighter.

yes, i truly believe that without DC, Jones and AJ, Gustaffson is the best LHW on the planet.

though Volkan will be an interesting test....and i look forward to that one.

and no one is "sleeping" on him. some just like him more than others, so much that a backlash was created. so like most fighters with big fan bases and then a big group of backlashers, people moved to the extremes instead of being reasonable about his abilities.

Gus will win the belt and defend it many times, I don't know if he will break Jones's 8. I believe this right now is the best version of Gus that there is, skills and everything he's in his prime. Now with that said, I think he will do it only because LHW is weak and there isn't much high level competition for him. Jones was defending in the most stacked division ever. Now this is under the assumption he's gonna stay active and fights minimum twice a year
Will take him 10 years to break Jones' 8 at this rate.

I think if he wins the belt he will get at least 4-5
He needs to up his activity level. Gus is super talented, but his schedule is horribly poor. Quite conceivable he can get that many defenses in this weak landscape though.

Back