Vice Media Traffic Plummets, Underscoring Risky Web Strategy

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://variety.com/2016/digital/new...s-underscoring-risky-web-strategy-1201733673/

Vice Media has come into the month of March looking more like a lamb than the proverbial lion.

The irreverent content brand saw its Web traffic suddenly plunge 17.4% compared with the previous month, according to multiplatform figures just released by Comscore for February, registering 49.1 million unique visitors. That’s down from 59.5 million in January. No brand in Comscore’s entertainment category dropped further than Vice during that period.

Reached for comment, a Vice spokesman issued the following statement to Variety:“Comscore doesn’t capture the entire universe of viewers consuming Vice content across all screens and platforms. Since introducing new viewership products earlier this year, overall audience size has continued to grow, with watch time at an all time high.”

The irony of what’s propelling this precipitous decline is a controversial practice that Vice, as well as other digital publishers, engage in online that’s actually aimed at inflating traffic numbers.

Peterson_lobsters.jpg

I don't know what's happening here or much about this but I did watch the the full unedited footage of that Jordan Peterson interview which I thought completely destroyed any credibility Vice had.

Well whats the fuckin controversial practice!?!?!
Good job quoting the story and still providing no info
Stupid fuckin bullshit clickbait garbage asshole TS
I hope this threads traffic drastically declines

I don't know what's happening here or much about this but I did watch the the full unedited footage of that Jordan Peterson interview which I thought completely destroyed any credibility Vice had.

cliff note for non english speakers and fellow 3rd worlders?

I used to check out vice alot but their reporting took a different road and they lost me as a reader and as a viewer. I love weed but I don't wanna watch action bronson two-step and drink wine with guests who aren't really sure what's going on.

Well whats the fuckin controversial practice!?!?!
Good job quoting the story and still providing no info
Stupid fuckin bullshit clickbait garbage asshole TS
I hope this threads traffic drastically declines
Woah.

I've been pissed at these guys ever since their gay channel knocked H2 off the air.

H2 > Viceland

I did try to give their programming an honest shot though and it just didn't interest me much. I'm not even totally sure who their audience is, or is supposed to be. I mean, is that kind of "edgy," too cool for school content really what younger people are wanting these days?

There also seemed to be a pretty clear left-wing agenda in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only the HBO vice show is good anymore. The online and YouTube content went to shit. That place has become as bad as a tabloid. That's not hyperbole either. I really mean that.

Hamilton had like 3 good episodes and then it's just him walking around talking slow and not doing anything.

Hopefully, it won't be too long before we say good riddance.

Once McInnes left, it went to shit.
McInness is a wacko. If he stuck around the channel would be an edge-lord cesspit of conspiracy theories, or closer to Joe Rogan's channel; which is basically Ted Talks for losers.

As for the Peterson cult, Peterson is basically Phil McGraw for Rogan fans, and Joe is his Oprah. They're cross marketing shallow self-help talking points for adults who need parenting. Self-help gurus are like serial killers. There's always hundreds of them roaming at the same time, but most people never hear about them.

These internet subculture media outfits are usually full of nonsesne. You'll grow out of it.

only show I can watch on vice is Desus and Mero.

bong appetite was cool but the main host quit vice and the next season will probably suck.

This article is from 2016. I'm curious the numbers now.

McInness is a wacko. If he stuck around the channel would be an edge-lord cesspit of conspiracy theories, or closer to Joe Rogan's channel; which is basically Ted Talks for losers.

As for the Peterson cult, Peterson is basically Phil McGraw for Rogan fans, and Joe is his Oprah. They're cross marketing shallow self-help talking points for adults who need parenting. Self-help gurus are like serial killers. There's always hundreds of them roaming at the same time, but most people never hear about them.

These internet subculture media outfits are usually full of nonsesne. You'll grow out of it.
<YeahOKJen>

McInness is pretty funny.
His clockboy video for Rebel Media was hilarious.

Back