Would Stephens have the worst record

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Of anybody to ever get a title shot in the UFC? His UFC record is 15-13

Edit: seems like some people didn't get it, I'm not saying he's getting a title shot I'm saying if he manages to pick up another win and then does get a title shot. Basically the point of this thread was to find out who has had the worst record of anybody to ever get a title shot in the UFC.

Last edited:
Record does not matter if you are 40-60 if you fight your way through that top 10 you get a shot.
Plus he has not been given a title shot he is still one fight away from a title shot because the winner of Frankie and Brian gets the title shot and he does not want a lay off that long, that is 9 months

Everybody asks for title shot omg...and they dont deserve it. check weidman, colby, cody, latifi...

Dude will retire as the UFC’s Lenny Wilkens

The winningest and losingest UFC fighter

Mark hunt got an interim title shot with a 10-8-1 overall mma record.

give him aldo or another contender first (korean zombie, chad mendes) b4 a title shot

Elvis Sinosic

Just kidding cause idk what his record was when he got a shot vs Tito but that always has been imo the worst fighter ever in a title fight

Of anybody to ever get a title shot in the UFC? His UFC record is 15-13

Look at his record. All of his losses are to top of the food-chain fighters.

Renato Moicano - undefeated at the time

Frankie Edgar - Ex LW Champ - Top 5 FW

Max Holloway - Current FW Champ

Charles Olivera - Borderline top 10 FW

Cub Swanson - Top 5 FW

Donald Cerrone - Top 10 LW

Anthony Pettis - Top 10 LW - Went on to become LW Champ

http://www.fightmatrix.com/historic...ted-historical-rankings/?Issue=113&Division=6

Records, and rankings don’t matter in the UFC, anymore. So, it’s not worth worrying about.

Might be.
And that will simply show how little records mean in MMA

Records still matter, just not overall records. Recent records are more accurate.

Unfortunately for Stephens even his recent record isnt great. 5-4 since 2015, 3-2 in his last 5

Look at his record. All of his losses are to top of the food-chain fighters.

Renato Moicano - undefeated at the time

Frankie Edgar - Ex LW Champ - Top 5 FW

Max Holloway - Current FW Champ

Charles Olivera - Borderline top 10 FW

Cub Swanson - Top 5 FW

Donald Cerrone - Top 10 LW

Anthony Pettis - Top 10 LW - Went on to become LW Champ

http://www.fightmatrix.com/historic...ted-historical-rankings/?Issue=113&Division=6

None of that matters though. You don't get points for losing to good fighters

I wouldn't be so quick to give Jeremy a title shot . Cub Swanson, Artem Lobov, Jose Aldo... Let him get through that hall of killers first and then talk about title shots...

Record does not matter if you are 40-60 if you fight your way through that top 10 you get a shot.
Plus he has not been given a title shot he is still one fight away from a title shot because the winner of Frankie and Brian gets the title shot and he does not want a lay off that long, that is 9 months
As if I didn't know any of that already, thanks for asking my question btw... What I'm asking is if somebody with that kind of record inside of the UFC has ever worked their way to a title shot.

Back