Would Stephens have the worst record

Mark hunt got an interim title shot with a 10-8-1 overall mma record.
I'm just referring to fighters UFC records though not their overall mma records. Hunt was 5-1-1 in his last 7 and 5-2-1 overall in the UFC and was also a short notice replacement, plus it was only for the interim belt.

Nick Diaz was 7 - 5 in the UFC, coming off a loss to Condit, when he got a Title Shot at GSP.

Then he showed up and quit when he was being outclassed, then retired in the post fight presser.

Look at his record. All of his losses are to top of the food-chain fighters.

Renato Moicano - undefeated at the time

Frankie Edgar - Ex LW Champ - Top 5 FW

Max Holloway - Current FW Champ

Charles Olivera - Borderline top 10 FW

Cub Swanson - Top 5 FW

Donald Cerrone - Top 10 LW

Anthony Pettis - Top 10 LW - Went on to become LW Champ

http://www.fightmatrix.com/historic...ted-historical-rankings/?Issue=113&Division=6
He was beating Cub before he broke his hand I would love to see that rematch. I believe he left Alliance for the Moicano fight which was a stupid move & probably cost him that fight.

Tim Elliot was 13-6-1 (2-4 UFC)
Matt Serra 9-4 (5-4 UFC)
special circumstances of course

Not sure what your point is here. Do you want me to post vids of Stephens getting outclassed by Edgar, Swanson, Holloway, fucking Yves Edwards?

My point is that he only loses to top fighters. If you fight 3 times a year, and fight the best fighters, you are going to lose.

In the last 4 years, Stephen's has fought 9 times. In the same amount of time, Jose Aldo only fought 4 times, and Khabib only fought 4 times. The more you fight, the more chances you have to lose.

"fucking Yves Edwards"

Yves Edwards is legit fighter, and was 1 of the top LW's in MMA for years.

Many people didn't even know who Ferguson(ranked # 11 at the time) was until he beat Josh Thomson(ranked # 9 at the time).

Of anybody to ever get a title shot in the UFC? His UFC record is 15-13

Edit: seems like some people didn't get it, I'm not saying he's getting a title shot I'm saying if he manages to pick up another win and then does get a title shot. Basically the point of this thread was to find out who has had the worst record of anybody to ever get a title shot in the UFC.

3-5-2 as a pro, and his first UFC fight was a title shot against Frank Shamrock.
He was on a 0-5-1 losing streak despite having squeeked by Frank much earlier in his career.

3-5-2 as a pro, and his first UFC fight was a title shot against Frank Shamrock.
He was on a 0-5-1 losing streak despite having squeeked by Frank much earlier in his career.

Don't post his name or anything.

Records still matter, just not overall records. Recent records are more accurate.

Unfortunately for Stephens even his recent record isnt great. 5-4 since 2015, 3-2 in his last 5

Nope, record is an irrelevant stat, no matter recent or not.
The whole MMA/UFC model shows, that record does not indicate anything about fighter's value.

Back