Why would Conor think he's worth 20 mil or more a fight?

mmmjojo

Tapped in 1.3 secs
@Brown
Reaction score
He made what he made because it was Mayweather he was fighting. If he stuck to boxing, he still couldn't get what he got for Mayweather. Give him 10 mil, and that's being generous, because he ain't getting big offers in boxing.

Lets discuss his worth in MMA after his next PPV when we have the numbers.

Because he got paid 140m in his last fight?

He made what he made because it was Mayweather he was fighting. If he stuck to boxing, he still couldn't get what he got for Mayweather. Give him 10 mil, and that's being generous, because he ain't getting big offers in boxing.
1,000,000+ PPV buys x 60 dollars a pop = 60 million dollars. This is conservative as he sells more than a million per fight and PPV prices are going up.

Even after overhead and paying all the other fighters, he's worth more than double 20 mill.

He’s definitely the biggest draw, but not as big of a draw as he would like. He needs other huge names to help him generate the money he feels he deserves.

you should step in the room during theyr negotiation saying "enough with this bullshit!" and explain what's going to happen

they will either agree with you or call the security wich wil punch you behind the ear and throw you off the building

50/50

1,000,000+ PPV buys x 60 dollars a pop = 60 million dollars. This is conservative as he sells more than a million per fight and PPV prices are going up.

Even after overhead and paying all the other fighters, he's worth more than double 20 mill.

ARRRGGGHHHH

Stop talking about PPV revenues and how much fighters get paid.

The fucking cable provider alone takes half the gross.

He’s definitely the biggest draw, but not as big of a draw as he would like. He needs other huge names to help him generate the money he feels he deserves.

Didn't he sell less than a million ppv's in both his title fights? Can't fight Diaz forever.

TS,

I agree with you. He gets so many pay per views. Without Conorr UFC would be dead. Dana White is going to ruin the company if he doesn't give Conor what he wants. Without Conor there is no UFC.

If Conor does 1.5M PPV that is $60 x 1,500,000 = $90,000,000. He makes THAT much for the company. He should give the UFC 10% for their fees and troubles and he should get the rest. WTF does Dana White do anyway? He just cusses and makes a fool out of himself. lol. omg Dana White is so stupid.

-Kenny

Because he got paid 140m in his last fight?
LOL

WHAT A DELUDED CASUAL YOU ARE

i doubt he even made 40m

not even conor pretended to make 140 or even Dana

they try and pretend he made 100 like he was the a* in the deal

conor shouldn't get paid anything more than 15

wme got screwed by dana
never would have Lorenzo been in this situation

The fight will surely pull in more then 1 million buys... But also 60.00 per buy is not entirely accurate. Their is a PPV provider split. Some suggest it is 50/50, although for the heavy hitters it is probably 60/40 or better. So its not a free and clear 60.00. But The UFC does take in some direct buys via UFC.com so that skews things a bit.

So its not 60 million, probably 40-50M. But when Conor fights again, expect a figure closer to 2 million buys. So expect 75-80 million plus gate of 10 million plus, add in advertisement revenue... Conor will split a 100M pie with the UFC. The UFC will deduct promotional expense, paying other fighters, and probably give him a 75/25 cut. No less then 50/50 to be sure. So figure 70ish million net profit. Estimate of 35-50M to Conor...

UFC cards averaging like 300k right?

A very fair estimate for the next Conor PPV would be 1.2 million IMO.

That's a 900k difference, with Conor being the sole reason.
900k times $65 is $58.5 million more for the UFC + a few million more increase from the gate.

You're right, Conor isn't worth 20 million. He's worth more than 20 million.

ZCC9SQIiFStqitquRbb3n8JlwTikamoMO5ye9TQVkYCc89Eobq0iX9arPhq33USIqEqPcC3nKTh5wD-wvGDYPlPevckI8_sFbS5Xjm_o-OGloVs=w480-h270-nc

Didn't he sell less than a million ppv's in both his title fights? Can't fight Diaz forever.
maxresdefault.jpg

Conor is the ONLY fighter on the roster who can hit 1mill ppv. So he really is worth at least 20 mill. Do you ever talk to casuals? Not a peep about mma until Conor is fighting and then they all get hyped. He is the only real star they have.

on stacked cards

ronda drew more fighting fake fighters on crappy cards

ronda > conor

Because fans and haters are willing to pay a lot more to see him fight. /thread

Well, he does not need to fight, so he has no desperation. He brings in 1m+ PPV buys. Likely more.
I don't think it's very hard to understand why he can ask for a lot of money, what you think about McGregor, his fighting skills and trash talk is not really relevant when trying to figure this out. Don't let personal bias mess up your logical thinking.

Edit: Also wanted to note I don't really care much for McGregor. I like to watch high level MMA, so if he is motivated and plan on fighting in a "sport" type of way I'm in. I'm not interested in spectacles or silly twitter posts, bragging and so forth.
I understand the frustration.

He has every right to ask for $10 million plus.

You can hate him all you want but he's made the smartest business decision fighting Mayweather and demanding UFC pay him more to even fight again.

Only other fighter to do this was Brock Lesnar playing the UFC/WWE against each other.

Back