Iron Mike Tyson admits he would not have been prepared for Royce Gracie in 1993

I would actually pick Mike Tyson.

50:50 but Tyson could train takedown defense for 1 year and win easily
Even if Royce trains 10 years boxing, he has no chance in the standup

I know Mike is the expert in Mike related stuff, but that fight would have looked awful.

Royce would have legit died.

His head is not conditioned to take such a bare knuckle punch.

Mike's speed alone was insane and enough to finish the fight in less than 10 sec.

In other words :

Mike Tyson vs Royce Gracie would have been the first male vs female MMA fight.

Tyson would KO Royce from the bottom of north south

or bite his fucking ear off from under mount

Mike was such a good young boy until that bully killed one of his pidgeons

Even early in his career Tyson would let out tidbits about where he was weak, his lack of confidence, and/or fears. It's there if you look.

Hard to prepare for a pro fight whilst imprisoned. Mike was incarcerated in 1993. May have learned some novel technical moves. We'll never know.

It all boils down to what Mike would expect, versus what he went into completely cold.....if he was warned that the guy was gonna fake some kicks and try a takedown, and to expect it, he'd have a better chance. Dont forget boxers are trained to understand distance from the waist up, I think a week preparing take down defense would be enough considering Royce did not really throw punches, just that push front kick. I think it was Hackney that defended a couple of takedowns just from watching Royce and realizing it was coming. I think with minimal training...Mike KHTFO

Tyson wins. Royce needs to get in range to take him down and gets slept quickly. He wouldn't be ready for Tyson's speed and accuracy.

Throw in Karelin and you have a rock-paper-scissors scenario where Karelin>Tyson>Gracie>Karelin though.

Mike is tryna be humble. he would land a single hook and decapitate Royce's head sending it into orbit.

Everytime Royce fought, all my friends would say "this guy is going to kill him"

Tyson is my all time favorite boxer and he is a pretty good dude but with boxing only, Royce has a good chance especially with a gi. I would always bet on him (even tho I had major doubts everytime)

Melton Bowen was the number 5 ranked HW boxer and he never landed a punch..

Well I think he is a big MMA fan now so he might be biased... against himself...

even if Gracie attempts an armbar on Karelin, Karelin bicep curls Royce, stands up, poses with Royce dangling on his arm, and throws Royce out of the cage.

Back