If Nunes/Pennington headlines UFC 224

Joseph_McBride

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's not going to sell great alone so they would have to stack it & the majority of top Brazilian fighters are all available. Maybe do a 6 or 7 fight main card like they've done at times in the past. They just have to start the ppv an hour earlier. My ideal UFC 224 with Nunes/Pennington headliner:

UFC 224:

Amanda Nunes vs Raquel Pennington
Jacare Souza vs Chris Weidman
Jose Aldo vs Darren Elkins
Darren Till vs Kamaru Usman
Edson Barboza vs James Vick
Lyoto Machida vs Vitor Befort

Kelvin won't fight in Brazil or I'd have him in over Weidman.

Would you pay $64.99 for this main-card?

EDIT:
Btw, UFC 198 originally had Werdum, Cyborg, Anderson, Shogun, Jacare, AND Maia fights. This card is only on par with that at best.

Last edited:
That’s wishful thinking having all those solid fights under the crappy main event. Would consider splitting the PPV if about 7-8 friends were down to throw money.

But these days you’re more likely to have that main event with Lyoto/vitor as the co-main and then a bunch of TUF Brazil cans filling up the rest of the main card.

I would pay for that but I doubt the card will be that good. They need those studs to headline one of the 50 other watered down garbage cards they are gonna put on.

BOO Nunes and chant Cyborg !!

when you see Cyborg.. Boo her and chant Nunes !!

these bitches need to fight and give us some entertainment !

instead they avoid and bore us to death !!

Bout the only Borg fight I would pay to see at this point is vs Nunes.

It's not going to sell great alone so they would have to stack it

Stacking the card isn't going to make a difference. You still have to sell casuals on Nunes v. Pennington.

Like they've stacked a couple Mighty Mouse cards before and it didn't make a difference.

If Nunes was a half decent looking woman that openly said she enjoys riding cock the ppv sales would be significantly better.

It's funny because it's true.

It's not going to sell great alone so they would have to stack it & the majority of top Brazilian fighters are all available. Maybe do a 6 or 7 fight main card like they've done at times in the past. They just have to start the ppv an hour earlier. My ideal UFC 224 with Nunes/Pennington headliner:

UFC 224:

<mma4>

I'd dig this card.

I can't see Till accepting Usman though, because of his lay and pray reputation. Probably wants a guy who will stand and bang. Maybe Ponzi, since he's from nearby Argentina and also a Top 10 WW.

If it had Aldo, barboza, machida and Belfort then yes. Would want to see the Belfort machida fight regardless

That’s wishful thinking having all those solid fights under the crappy main event. Would consider splitting the PPV if about 7-8 friends were down to throw money.

But these days you’re more likely to have that main event with Lyoto/vitor as the co-main and then a bunch of TUF Brazil cans filling up the rest of the main card.
True, but April is already full and there are only 2 events in May. And if u look at the rankings almost every division is 90% unbooked. Only 2 events in March as well, so May, June, July should be great, leaving August, SEP, OCT to be awful of course.

Stacking the card isn't going to make a difference. You still have to sell casuals on Nunes v. Pennington.

Like they've stacked a couple Mighty Mouse cards before and it didn't make a difference.
Nah, if the promo shows Weiner KOing Anderson, Lyoto KOing Randy, Aldo knee KO vs Mendes, Barboza wheel kicks, Till smashing Cowboy, ppl will know what's up. Real hitters

Hopefully it is. I'm going to 225
Me too, if its decent 218 was amazing and it had 2 bad maincard fights in Cejudo & Torres. 225 already has punk & Esparza so I hope the other 3 main card fights tear it up. Was hoping for Lewis/Ngannou but Lewis broke his hand so he probably won't be ready until July/August. Plus Ngannou wants some time off.

Would be entertaining... But would Weidman actually sign to fight Jacare... Guy thinks he should fight Whitaker.

UFC 224:

If I'm not Brazilian, I'm not fighting in Brazil. Good luck with that card.

UFC 224:

Great card, main event is the worst fight obviously .

Back