Johny Hendricks downfall is not related to usada.and theres no pre usda hendricks

3sumrock

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
people need to realize that there's no pre-USADA Hendricks because Hendricks didn't change(or look/fight the same) and thats the reason why Hendricks downfall happened.hendricks didn't evolve or change his game.like hendo, Hendricks is really one dimensional on feet because they always relied on their power hand with little to none variety on feet and footwork.sure it works for them in the beginning but once people start figuring out their style and know how to beat them, their downfall happened.that is why there's no such thing as pre USADA Hendricks,is just that Hendricks is not evolving and fought better fighter.

and how do you explain he got fat and started missing weight at fucking MW Einstein?

Last edited:
people need to realize that there's no pre-USADA Hendricks because Hendricks didn't change(or look/fight the same) and thats the reason why Hendricks downfall happened.hendricks didn't evolve or change his game.like hendo, Hendricks is really one dimensional on feet because they always relied on their power hand with little to none variety on feet and footwork.sure it works for them in the beginning but once people start figuring out their style and know how to beat them, their downfall happened.that is why there's no such thing as pre USADA Hendricks,is just that Hendricks is not evolving and fought better fighter.

Why are peoples so binary?! Like it can't be both.

Not sure I'm buying that.

Pre-USADA Hendricks was knocking mo-foz silly.

He seems to have lost almost all his power in the USADA era.

You could be right TS, but it sure seems awefully coincidental with the time frame.

It's 100% USADA.

You can't be serious, they're almost two different people, it's like he's got his fat useless twin to stand in for him post usada.

Calm down uneducated Sherdogers

The reality is there are MANY possible variables (motivation, aging, diet, etc) and we'll never likely know exactly why but people on here love to crucify fighters.

Last edited:
My feeling is that Hendricks trained his ass off for the fight against GSP since the WW championship belt was at stake, but in most fights after I felt like he coasted more. USADA may have still had an impact since from what I have heard an athlete on steroids has much more motivation (and energy) to train, so maybe this also lessened his motivation to train after USADA would have forced fighters to get off the juice. His diet and body physique in the off season, just like BJ Penn, kinda shows his motivation problems.

Calm down uneducated Sherdogers

The reality is there are MANY possible variables (motivation, aging, diet, etc) and we'll never likely know exactly why but people on here love to crucify fighters.

Pretty much. The most baffling part is people huck the accusations around like he's tested positive before. Yet the same people crucifying him are most likely Yoel Romero fans. Hypocricy runs rampant on these boards.

Hendricks last dominant win was Matt Brown. That's also his last fight before USADA.

He immediately gained like 40 pounds of fat, started missing weight at MW, lost almost all his speed and power and basically just started standing around in the cage getting bombed on

Like the most obvious case of USADAitis of all time

Not sure I'm buying that.

Pre-USADA Hendricks was knocking mo-foz silly.

He seems to have lost almost all his power in the USADA era.

You could be right TS, but it sure seems awefully coincidental with the time frame.

He had something like 5 stoppages in 14 UFC fights before USADA.

His power was grossly overrated because he KO'd a weak-chinned Kampmann and Fitch early in those fights. He struggled through most of his UFC fights before those including against the likes of Kos, Story, and Mike Pierce.

The idea that Hendricks was some unstoppable fighter before USADA has been overblown, I have no idea where that even came from.

not only that but Hendricks looked his physical best against wonderboy and got pieced up.

Maybe he just lost his motivation after get robbed in the GSP fight.

I don't think Hendricks was a steroid user, but I think the banning of IVs definitely affected him.

it's like he's got his fat useless twin to stand in for him post usada.

WPPZZLNX.jpg

He had something like 5 stoppages in 14 UFC fights before USADA.

His power was grossly overrated because he KO'd a weak-chinned Kampmann and Fitch early in those fights. He struggled through most of his UFC fights before those including against the likes of Kos, Story, and Mike Pierce.

The idea that Hendricks was some unstoppable fighter before USADA has been overblown, I have no idea where that even came from.

Jon Fitch fought high level opponents in the UFC from 2005 - 2011 and then went on to fight B level talent in WSOF and has only been finished one time and your saying Fitch has a glass chin??? I dont know, how you could make that assertion. Thats ridiculous lol

The myth of the so called evolution continues. I agree there isn’t any real difference outside of maybe Hendricks work ethic but I’m tired of hearing evolution as if we’re seeing this new breed of fighter far different from what we saw just a few years ago. We aren’t.

He just was never that great and he never beat GSP.

There’s a couple big fights he won that he should’ve lost.

For example, Koscheck and Condit should’ve won. Condit lost due to flawed priorities in judging. He whooped Hendricks on the feet and he whooped Hendricks off his back.

Robbie Lawler probably should’ve won their first fight. I’ll discount the MW fights since he’s too stout for the division.

He has power and good wrestling. His inability to continue making 170 put him in a division he can’t compete in because he’s heavy but too small.

Back