Thierry Sokodjou and Francis Ngannou.. Biggest hypetrains

Zimo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Yet derailed

Can't think of any other major let's downs.

Maybe Eric Silva, but he's still so young and is only getting started. The world is his oyster

Sokoudjou’s problem was his chin. He was a legit fighter with legit skills.

Ngannou just needs a couple of seasons in Kenya and his cardio will be up to the task

Sokoudjou’s problem was his chin. He was a legit fighter with legit skills.
Sokoudjou's problem was he would gas after 5 minutes of fighting.
Best 1st round fighter ever.

Sokoudjou's problem was he would gas after 5 minutes of fighting.
Best 1st round fighter ever.

He also had mental lapses.

All the physical tools in the world though.

It's one fight, Ngannou could win 2 more and then get another chance at the title. I think we're being way too reactionary here.

Other than them being African I don't compare them. Ngannou got a world title shot,and can probably still beat most of the division that's left in the UFC other than the top 3. Sokodjou never had that distinction. He had two big wins and never recovered from Machida beating him.

How is losing a fight to the dominant champion a derailment?

Dude has been training for like 4 years.

Yet derailed

Can't think of any other major let's downs.

Maybe Eric Silva, but he's still so young and is only getting started. The world is his oyster
lol, the same thought occurred to me. Sokodjou exploded on the scene the same way and was eventually pummelled out of the UFC. I think the same will happen to N'Gannou in respect to his title chances. He's got a lot to learn about fighting on the ground.

14jw207.jpg

Very similar to Ngannou when you think about it.
Well yea. Theyre both african and shit. And yea, but koing AA, and AO is not as likely as lil nog and arona. Basically im saying Sokos were more impressive wins, although I do expect ngannou to have a more successful career

Back