Would you be shocked if Ngannou beats Stipe by submission?

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

If Stipe is going for a wrestling oriented game plan, this reduces the chances of getting KO'ed but it increases the chances of getting submitted.

It's a small chance, but it wouldn't shock me if he gets tapped via standing guillotine, especially when everyone is focused on Ngannou's punching power and forgot about his submissions.

No he could easily rock him then grab an arm or his neck. He has a few submission wins

People forget Ngannou has 4 submissions wins AND has been rolling with Vinny Magalhaes.

It wouldn't surprise me.

Nah, not in the slightest. I think he has just as many submissions as KOs in his career.

ngannou-kimura.gif

I’d feel confident betting Stipe does not lose to a sub. He escaped Overeem’s attempt to choke him out.

Not happening.

I'm shocked when any heavyweight bout doesn't end by KO/TKO.

Ngannou is strong as hell, if Stipe does a mediocre shot and Ngannou caught his neck I think he could tap him out quick for sure. I noticed in the training footage that some wrestling guy was shooting on Ngannou and he went for the guillotine and the guys face was like a red tomato in 2 seconds. He probably has a crazy strong squeeze, wouldn't be overly shocked.

I'd have that "listen you guy's this motherfucker is bout to be richhhh" conversation with my guests similar to when Conor KOd Aldo.

So yes.

No, he's freakishly strong one mistake from Stipe and it's over.

Ngannou is strong as hell, if Stipe does a mediocre shot and Ngannou caught his neck I think he could tap him out quick for sure. I noticed in the training footage that some wrestling guy was shooting on Ngannou and he went for the guillotine and the guys face was like a red tomato in 2 seconds. He probably has a crazy strong squeeze, wouldn't be overly shocked.

Do you remember which training footage it was from?

A couple of days ago i told a friend of mine that i think ngannou's gonna submit stipe. When the majority is expecting the same outcome (K.O) it mostly never happens that way. Francis is going to win, sherdog will implode and the amount of nuthugging is going to be unbearable.

Last edited:
Nope. I actually envision a sloppy shot from Stipe after he gets rocked and Francis choking him to sleep with a tight guillotine.

I read an interview where he mentioned his favorite technique is the triangle. How cool would it be if he pulled a Werdum and triangled Stipe out of nowhere?

Found a video of Ngannou's first fight where he won via a straight armbar / omoplata-looking type of submission:

Only a decision will shock me

Lol agreed.

Ngannou is strong, has some submission wins, and its not like Stipe is some grappling phenom. I wouldn't be 'shocked' to see either of them win by submission, especially if they rocked the guy first.

It would be unexpected, but hardly shocking.

If Stipe is going for a wrestling oriented game plan, this reduces the chances of getting KO'ed but it increases the chances of getting submitted.

It's a small chance, but it wouldn't shock me if he gets tapped via standing guillotine, especially when everyone is focused on Ngannou's punching power and forgot about his submissions.

Ngannou has already mentioned a scenario of Stipe shooting on him and getting caught in a guillotine. So it's certainly on his mind.

Stipe is reputed to be almost impossible to submit, and he certainly was able to break out of Overeem's attempt, but can he fight off Ngannou's pythons?

I'd be very surprised to see ngannou win by a genuine submission. By genuine I mean not just grabbing a choke after he has knocked stipe silly

Back