Stipe's horrible defense will get him flat-lined

Outlaw8888

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Stipe has 0 head movement. He also keeps his hands low and his chin up in the air when he comes in throwing punches.

At some point in the first round Francis will connect and Stipe will go to sleep.

His only chance would be to wait till 3rd round when Francis will gas, but it will never get there.

Does it really matter if you have a good defense or good head movement when you're facing a guy like Ngannou?

Stipe has 0 head movement. He also keeps his hands low and his chin up in the air when he comes in throwing punches.

At some point in the first round Francis will connect and Stipe will go to sleep.

His only chance would be to wait till 3rd round when Francis will gas, but it will never get there.

What makes you think Ngannou will gas, we've only ever seen him do 2 rounds and he looked okay coming off the stool into the third before the fight got stopped on the stool against Blaydes?

Man-Gets-Run-Over-By-Massive-Truck-Survives.gif

Yeah and Ngannou is fucking Floyd Mayweather defensively...

Face it man either one of these guys could be sleeping saturday night. Stipe's been knocking out the entire division in the first round too it's not like he's some pillow fisted striker

And if he gets Francis down it'll look very similar to what happened when he got Overeem down

Man, totally false on the very first sentence lmao

His head movement is great when he uses it (Nelson, Hunt, JDS 1 and 2) but his defensive footwork tends to do the job for him (JDS 1/2, Werdum). He's a far superior boxer to Ngannou.

If he's careless enough to get caught by that bullshit, he deserves it.

Depends.

I could see Stipe utilizing a different approach to this fight.

Using a stiff jab and straight right to drop straight into double leg takedowns. If he mixes that type of attack up, then his defense shouldn't be as big of an issue.

But I do agree that he's playing Russian Roulette if he simply tries to stand and bang with Ngannou. He does tend to keep his head on the centerline, and Francis has pretty accurate punches.

meh, he survived 5 rounds with JDS, it's not like his chin is bad. however he would definitely do well to dance a bit more with ngannou, especially in the 1st and 2nd.

What makes you think Ngannou will gas, we've only ever seen him do 2 rounds and he looked okay coming off the stool into the third before the fight got stopped on the stool against Blaydes?
He was completely flat footed and stopped nearly all of his movement in both of the fights that went to the second round in the UFC.

Yup. I mean JDS, Hunt, and Overeem all destroyed him...

They aren't even competent strikers at all...

Stipe is terrible. He should just retire...

Cough...

Stipe's short straight punches will have Ngannou staggering like a drunken sailor and then he'll be taken down, panic and get finished. Wird.

Depends.

I could see Stipe utilizing a different approach to this fight.

Using a stiff jab and straight right to drop straight into double leg takedowns. If he mixes that type of attack up, then his defense shouldn't be as big of an issue.

But I do agree that he's playing Russian Roulette if he simply tries to stand and bang with Ngannou. He does tend to keep his head on the centerline, and Francis has pretty accurate punches.
He tried to do that against JDS the first fight and was getting tagged pretty clean while having pretty much no success in the grappling exchanges. It's the right approach but hell need to execute much better.

Stipe will drag him into the later rounds and Ngannou will get smoked. Ngannou is a classic 'puncher's chance'. Kind of like when JDS beat Cain but got smoked in subsequent fights.

Does it really matter if you have a good defense or good head movement when you're facing a guy like Ngannou?

Yes that's when it matter more than ever. Doesn't guarantee a win but believe me you want these things against a power puncher.

Sometimes against a guy like that the best defense is a good offense.

Stick the jab. Make him pay when he plants and basically don't give him a chance to tee off. Gotta be smart though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back