Stipe's horrible defense will get him flat-lined

Yep, they all look like Super Destroyers til they get to the big stage and discover the other guy can punch pretty good too, can last more than a couple rounds and is proficient at taking people down and basically killing them there. Getting the high score on that dive bar punching machine and knocking out guys who are frankly becoming known for getting knocked out is his claim to fame. Time to show his cards.

Meh stipe rolls alot with the blows to minimize the impact...I think some people just don't understand what they're seeing

He tried to do that against JDS the first fight and was getting tagged pretty clean while having pretty much no success in the grappling exchanges. It's the right approach but hell need to execute much better.
He couldn't take him down but he was doing Hella damage on jds with those short straights....and was rolling with most of his punches

Also dos santos was full of shit about getting hit in his cup...wasn't anywhere near it

He couldn't take him down but he was doing Hella damage on jds with those short straights....and was rolling with most of his punches
He was doing hella damage but he received more damage. JDS sat him on ass and had him diving for ankles. I'm not buying that rolling with punches bullshit, they were beating the crap out of each other. I'm just saying if he's gonna go with that gameplan he better tighten some shit up. That was "zombie JDS" if he leaves that chin out there for Francis,he's screwed. At the end of the day it's comes down to how good is Francis TDD. Mark Hunt has good TDD and was still getting ran over, JDS has excellent TDD and had success. Who knows?

Some interesting points, but I don't think Ngannou will be a choice for a double leg at this point in his career. (Honestly I know nothing about wrestling, just an impression from watching his later fights.) I wonder if Stipe would have success with that very smooth single leg pick/trip he has done in the past.
Also, would he have success staying very close to Ngannou and use those killer short hooks in the pocket while they're standing? I can easily imagine Ngannou pushing him away and playing at his range.
This is such a great fight to try to predict. It could be over in a second or go deep and be an extended thriller. You win, I win, we all win! Haha.

Depends.

I could see Stipe utilizing a different approach to this fight.

Using a stiff jab and straight right to drop straight into double leg takedowns. If he mixes that type of attack up, then his defense shouldn't be as big of an issue.

But I do agree that he's playing Russian Roulette if he simply tries to stand and bang with Ngannou. He does tend to keep his head on the centerline, and Francis has pretty accurate punches.

GenerousCoolAmericanlobster.gif

giphy.gif

which ufc fighters are these guys?

If Stipes
Head movement was as bad as you make out, he would have more losses on his record by KO you clown

Ngannou has the same level death touch as Roy, Reem, JDS Hunto
And stipe
Mauled them

I suggest you rewatch both fights.
i watched them both this week but i will again. his exaggerated feints and consistent hopping and threatening was completely gone in the second round against henrique after he was taken down and controlled pretty easily for most of the first. the first round didnt go as badly for him against blaydes but he still was not the same frenetically paced fighter in the second round as he is in the first after just a little clinch work and standing back up once or twice.

Stipe has 0 head movement. He also keeps his hands low and his chin up in the air when he comes in throwing punches.

At some point in the first round Francis will connect and Stipe will go to sleep.

His only chance would be to wait till 3rd round when Francis will gas, but it will never get there.

Yes ...... not to mention Ngannou superior cardio working with Bo Sanders , Francis is even better then he was for the Overeem fight which is a scary thought

I predict a 1st Rd KO for Francis Stipe will try to be the bully and it will not work Ngannou will starch his ass

i watched them both this week but i will again. his exaggerated feints and consistent hopping and threatening was completely gone in the second round against henrique after he was taken down and controlled pretty easily for most of the first. the first round didnt go as badly for him against blaydes but he still was not the same frenetically paced fighter in the second round as he is in the first after just a little clinch work and standing back up once or twice.

Watch them again. He uses very little footwork regardless of what round it is. I don't know where you are getting the idea that he consistently hops around.

The only discernable difference is he does less feinting in the second round and more attacking, presumably due to getting more comfortable.

Yeah and Ngannou is fucking Floyd Mayweather defensively...

Face it man either one of these guys could be sleeping saturday night. Stipe's been knocking out the entire division in the first round too it's not like he's some pillow fisted striker

And if he gets Francis down it'll look very similar to what happened when he got Overeem down
/thread

On the money. First page baby! I bet he was fartin down there on the ground and couldn't get up!

Stipe has 0 head movement. He also keeps his hands low and his chin up in the air when he comes in throwing punches.

At some point in the first round Francis will connect and Stipe will go to sleep.

His only chance would be to wait till 3rd round when Francis will gas, but it will never get there.
huh? Did you not see the first round when he was ducking and dodging those fords?

Welp .. N'gannous got an empty schedule. He can pursue that Lesnar fight he said he wanted. <Lmaoo>

Back