Fighter of the Year?

'Suga Daddy'

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I was just thinking about the end of year MMA awards, and one I couldn't think of a strong contender for was fighter of the year? In a strange year as is 2017 who will get that accolade?

Bobby Knuckles or Max Holloway for me.

Whittaker- by a big margin. Took out the 2 scariest guys at middleweight Jacare and Romero and was rightfully crowned middleweight champ.

bobby knucklez or max.

leaning more towards bobby.

mighty mouse also in the mix.

Whittaker and Max both have a solid case.

USADA gets my vote for taking out the trash though.

Conor must be up there

Only reason I give it to max is cause technically Bobby is interim champ

Whittaker is now the undisputed champ. He deserves it because he beat the legit #1 and #2 contenders at the time. He might not be the lineal champ. But he he is definately the legitimate champ.

I think his wins this year have been more impressive than max's wins

Also Max and Robert for me.

Max although it was 2016, finished Pettis in december, then went on to finish the FW king not once, but twice. And especially because he was slated to defend against Edgar, when Frankie dropped out and they offered Aldo he didn't doubt and took the fight. Not a lot of champs would do this.

Whittaker is now the undisputed champ. He deserves it because he beat the legit #1 and #2 contenders at the time. He might not be the lineal champ. But he he is definately the legitimate champ.

I think his wins this year have been more impressive than max's wins
Not arguing but isn't his fight with Rockhold (who's called him the real champ) TECHNICALLY to be the real champ?

Based on popularity, its McGregor without a doubt.

Based on achievements, probably either Whittaker, Holloway or Namajunas.

bobby or holloway, purely because rda deserves comeback fighter of the year

Back