Fighter of the Year?

It's safe to say most of us are between Robert and Max for the top

I'm going with max for defeating a longtime champion (even he was not longly undefeated anymore or the champ on the rematch)

RDA and Rose Namajunas had a great year aswell

Whittaker easy. Romero and Jacare, these guys are ridicolous. How you beat them?

Not arguing but isn't his fight with Rockhold (who's called him the real champ) TECHNICALLY to be the real champ?

No,Whittaker has been promoted to undisputed champ after GSP vacated and will defend his undisputed title for the first time against Rockhold.

RDA, Bobby or Max.

All have a claim to the title.

But WME being WME it will prob be Conor for some ungodly reason.

I think it has to be Max, historically never really taken an interest in him but this year he's forced me to take notice so i think that says something about his run. Also he seems like a nice guy and a good ambassador for the sport which in recent years is pretty refreshing.

Imo, RDA. He had a tough year in 2016, losing his LW belt, losing twice. In 2017 he goes up a weight class, racks off three good wins, including the number two WW in the world. Bouncing back so well after losing your belt is tough as fuck.

Jesus Christ what has happened to Fighter of the Year?

The 2 most deserving have 2 wins a piece in this year. Weak.

Not even a shoutout for Khabib?

Easily Whitaker. Started a new championship lineage with his wins over Jacare and Romero because the 'champions' wanted no part of him. And he seemingly came out of nowhere.....impressive.....the peoples champ became the real champ.....

I dont believe this has happened before.....two different fighters wanted no part of a unification bout.....

Back