What are the weaknesses in RDA's game Woodley is talking about?

Gambit MMA

UNDEFEATED YAMMAWEIGHT CHAMPION
@Silver
Reaction score
Didn't watch the FOX post-show (never do) - did he give any specific examples or is he just talking down his next challenger? Woodley has more weaknesses and flaws off the top of my head. RDA put on a great performance and showcased how good he is at various skills despite being undersized.

Dude is strong as hell and just like the pro's that picked Lawler to win the fight because he was bigger and supposedly stronger, I think Lawler was surprised when he clinched with him how strong he is even coming up from 155.

Diverse solid striking game (boxing can be more accurate), endless cardio, great grappling game from takedowns to top game etc. he showed all of this last fight. I think by round 3 he had landed like 100 strikes and still kept the pace for the championship rounds. That was a great display of cardio for a 170er, can't think of many performances that can match that at that weight.

If Woodley saw openings, why would be specify them?

As a fighter, RDA has no weaknesses.

Woodley must have been talking about RDA's beard game. Perhaps he sees Julian Marquez as the true number one contender based on that criteria.

Defensive wrestling is probably his biggest weakness. But I think he's an aggressive enough striker to make Tyquill hide in his shell.

I was hoping Tyron would elaborate on that too but off the top of my head (and not to kncok down RDA cause that was an amazing performance) when Robbie had RDA's back against the fence and working the body Tyron may have been thinking he could do that and score some points. Also, that one time RDA went for a takedown and Robbie had the underhooks in the arm so tight RDA had to tell Herb to separate them that may have showed an offensive/defensive wreslting weakness to Tyron.

As a fighter, RDA has no weaknesses.

Woodley must have been talking about RDA's beard game. Perhaps he sees Julian Marquez as the true number one contender based on that criteria.
Every fighter has weaknesses, if he had none then why would he have 9 defeats on his record.

Well i mean look what Khabib did to Dos Anjos that was some brutal shit. Dos Anjos looked almost child like in that scenario. Tyron has to be talking about advantage's in the Wrestling department.

Woodley is as sure of RDA's weaknesses as Lesnar was sure of getting to the bottom of that doping violation.

I'd say probably his chin, he's been clipped a few times, most notably by Jeremy Stephens & Eddie Alvarez. I don't think it's bad, he's taken solid shots before by others and persevered, plus those two have great power and both caught him perfectly. Still he can be touched. He might mean size and defensive wrestling. Although RDA has looked great so far at this weight he still is smaller, and he had been manhandled at 155 by Khabib, so Woodley probably thinks that he can exploit those two things at least when it comes to his own offensive wrestling.

RDA is a lightweight, fighting Lawler who was a middleweight and he was the stronger fighter. I think he could beat Woodley . Hope T wood doesnt ...
220px-Mandarin.duck.arp.jpg

The ratings for Lawler v Dos Anjos were pretty bad. Dos Anjos can't sell PPV's... that's unfortunately probably what Woodley is worried about.

If Tyron had to do half the clinch work RDA did with Lawler, he´d be dead tired. RDA should focus on that MT clinch against Tyron.

Weak wrestling defense.

Weak defensive box.
The guy just went 5 rounds on the feet against the biggest psychopath in WW division and came out "unscathed" and you say he has weak boxing defense? I mean he´s no Mayweather , but weak defense?

Well i mean look what Khabib did to Dos Anjos that was some brutal shit. Dos Anjos looked almost child like in that scenario. Tyron has to be talking about advantage's in the Wrestling department.

Woodley can’t wrestle for 5 rounds, I reckon.

Only hole in Dos Anjos game is that he over extends on his punches sometimes leaving him slightly off balanced (forward) when he misses. I see a fighter like Tyron or even Conor making a quick read to time and exploit it, BUT they'd have to stay in the pocket to do it. I don't know if Tyron would be willing to do that. He's a good counter puncher, but RDA's pressure might be too much for Tyron over a 5 rounder. Offensive wrestling and grappling would be big factors. Would be an interesting fight.

Last edited:
Defensive wrestling is probably his biggest weakness. But I think he's an aggressive enough striker to make Tyquill hide in his shell.

I'm not sure that aggressive strikers are what makes Tyron shell up. RDA vs Woodley should be a great fight.

Last edited:
Back