What are the weaknesses in RDA's game Woodley is talking about?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Gambit MMA, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Gambit MMA

Gambit MMA Black Belt

Didn't watch the FOX post-show (never do) - did he give any specific examples or is he just talking down his next challenger? Woodley has more weaknesses and flaws off the top of my head. RDA put on a great performance and showcased how good he is at various skills despite being undersized.

Dude is strong as hell and just like the pro's that picked Lawler to win the fight because he was bigger and supposedly stronger, I think Lawler was surprised when he clinched with him how strong he is even coming up from 155.

Diverse solid striking game (boxing can be more accurate), endless cardio, great grappling game from takedowns to top game etc. he showed all of this last fight. I think by round 3 he had landed like 100 strikes and still kept the pace for the championship rounds. That was a great display of cardio for a 170er, can't think of many performances that can match that at that weight.

7th, JeffDredd and Typrune Goatley like this.
  2. Sapp

Sapp Red Belt

If Woodley saw openings, why would be specify them?

3. Typrune Goatley

Typrune Goatley Black Belt

As a fighter, RDA has no weaknesses.

Woodley must have been talking about RDA's beard game. Perhaps he sees Julian Marquez as the true number one contender based on that criteria.

4. Fizzee Water

Fizzee Water Silver Belt

Defensive wrestling is probably his biggest weakness. But I think he's an aggressive enough striker to make Tyquill hide in his shell.

5. VitorBelfoTRT

VitorBelfoTRT Purple Belt

I was hoping Tyron would elaborate on that too but off the top of my head (and not to kncok down RDA cause that was an amazing performance) when Robbie had RDA's back against the fence and working the body Tyron may have been thinking he could do that and score some points. Also, that one time RDA went for a takedown and Robbie had the underhooks in the arm so tight RDA had to tell Herb to separate them that may have showed an offensive/defensive wreslting weakness to Tyron.

6. Homervanderjaz

Homervanderjaz Green Belt

Every fighter has weaknesses, if he had none then why would he have 9 defeats on his record.

7. SVG

SVG The Porkchop Express Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

Well i mean look what Khabib did to Dos Anjos that was some brutal shit. Dos Anjos looked almost child like in that scenario. Tyron has to be talking about advantage's in the Wrestling department.

8. Sapphorous

Sapphorous Blue Belt

Woodley is as sure of RDA's weaknesses as Lesnar was sure of getting to the bottom of that doping violation.

Moral Victory, 2sk and Les Vejtibals like this.
  9. Billthebutcher2

Billthebutcher2 Green Belt

I'd say probably his chin, he's been clipped a few times, most notably by Jeremy Stephens & Eddie Alvarez. I don't think it's bad, he's taken solid shots before by others and persevered, plus those two have great power and both caught him perfectly. Still he can be touched. He might mean size and defensive wrestling. Although RDA has looked great so far at this weight he still is smaller, and he had been manhandled at 155 by Khabib, so Woodley probably thinks that he can exploit those two things at least when it comes to his own offensive wrestling.

Rainer likes this.
  10. DarkneT

DarkneT Generic Russian Platinum Member

Dat
    Woodley
    Onebomb!!!

11. fortheo

fortheo Gold Belt

Tyron says a lot of stuff.

Black Paladin and WARinsertname like this.
  12. bloodyknuck

bloodyknuck Green Belt

RDA is a lightweight, fighting Lawler who was a middleweight and he was the stronger fighter. I think he could beat Woodley . Hope T wood doesnt ...
    [​IMG]

13. Les Vejtibals

Les Vejtibals Brown Belt

Dos Anjos is ticklish.

NGute87, Black Paladin and HaulParris like this.
  14. INTERL0PER

INTERL0PER Brown Belt

The ratings for Lawler v Dos Anjos were pretty bad. Dos Anjos can't sell PPV's... that's unfortunately probably what Woodley is worried about.

15. Kung Fu bb

Kung Fu bb Red Belt

If Tyron had to do half the clinch work RDA did with Lawler, he´d be dead tired. RDA should focus on that MT clinch against Tyron.

16. Mixfight

Mixfight Black Belt

Weak wrestling defense.

Weak defensive box.

17. Kung Fu bb

Kung Fu bb Red Belt

The guy just went 5 rounds on the feet against the biggest psychopath in WW division and came out "unscathed" and you say he has weak boxing defense? I mean he´s no Mayweather , but weak defense?

Roman_23 and smiles mma like this.
  18. PAPERCLIP30

PAPERCLIP30 Red Belt

Woodley can’t wrestle for 5 rounds, I reckon.

19. kibz

kibz Purple Belt

Only hole in Dos Anjos game is that he over extends on his punches sometimes leaving him slightly off balanced (forward) when he misses. I see a fighter like Tyron or even Conor making a quick read to time and exploit it, BUT they'd have to stay in the pocket to do it. I don't know if Tyron would be willing to do that. He's a good counter puncher, but RDA's pressure might be too much for Tyron over a 5 rounder. Offensive wrestling and grappling would be big factors. Would be an interesting fight.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  20. JeffDredd

JeffDredd Orange Belt

I'm not sure that aggressive strikers are what makes Tyron shell up. RDA vs Woodley should be a great fight.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017