How amazing was Mirs 2nd win over Nog?

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Frank Mir over Big Nog via submission. Mir broke his arm after getting rocked and dropped a minute prior. First of only two people to submit him during his MMA career.

MirNog1.gif

a316c8.gif

One of my all time favorite submissions. It was a very cool sequence to watch.

Frank Mir doesnt get enough love for a pretty respectable career. He also brought you two epic Brock Lesnar fights. The end of Mirs career was tough to watch, I never felt he was truly in it 100% at the end.

Still haunts me to this day
Yes, as a Nog fan for the last 16 years it hurts my soul. Nog would have won had he continued throwing strikes and not turned it into a grappling affair.

However, it was a great comeback by another legend in Mir. He was getting his ass whooped so bad and managed to lock up that kimura in his own zombie state.

Herbal Dean saved Mir from the gnp by calling shots to the back of the head. Thats the only reason he won. And Im not even a fan of slow ass Nog

the GIF of the grappling at the end of the fight leading to submission is one of the greatest MMA gifs ever.

Respectable career? He had an awesome career with some great wins over top fighters.

Frank Mir over Big Nog via submission. Mir broke his arm after getting rocked and dropped a minute prior. First of only two people to submit him during his MMA career.

MirNog1.gif

a316c8.gif

One of my all time favorite submissions. It was a very cool sequence to watch.

Frank Mir doesnt get enough love for a pretty respectable career. He also brought you two epic Brock Lesnar fights. The end of Mirs career was tough to watch, I never felt he was truly in it 100% at the end.
During the live broadcast didn't see the tap (shit angle), thought Nogs arm are way too flexible, then fight was stopped.... Was in a wtf moment, then comes the replay... Ouch! That pop! Crazy ending! Best in Mir's career along with the KO of Nog, but kinda see that KO coming

Pretty amazing, but Nog fans will say that Nog wins 8/10 times

in b4 he wins the Bellator Heavyweight tournament

nah, just kidding :D

It was amazing watching live. Crazy shit

I forgot about that. That was some amazing shit Mir did when he KO'd and then Subbed Nog.

Nog didn't wanna tap because of his pride, but tap or snap sucka.

Thanks for the forgotten memory.

in b4 he wins the Bellator Heavyweight tournament

nah, just kidding :D
That would be the craziest comeback for a career. Mir and Fedor will be a tough fight to call. I think I'd put money on Mir.

when mir gets a sub, he doesnt give you a chance. he tries to break your shit as soon as possible. you dont have much time to fight your way out of a mir sub. hell, nog's arm was pretty much broken before nog even knew he couldnt get out

great comeback but herb dean ruined this fight

Umm no. Big Nog was thought of as a legend. I thought Mir got really lucky Herb Dean decided to interfere with the fight and tell Big Nog to stop punching Mir when Mir was about to be TKO'd and this caused Nog to stop striking and go for the submission and got submitted instead. The wrong person won
Cry about it

I’m usually too lazy/hungover to go to BJJ class on Saturday mornings. Mir submitted Big Nog seconds after waking up.

Back