Performance vs size GSP

90 50

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So r cently GSP has said That he is back to his normal size already and feels great and feels like his body performs better lighter.

So, if he peReforms better at the smaller size, could he fight at 185 again but not bulk up for it?

I mean if he thinks his body does better there woukdnit not be better to go ahead and fight at 185 at a lighter weight? Since he thinks he pe Forms better there anyway?

If the size is not benificial why would he need it?

If GSP comeback, it will be at 170lbs.

Damnit Schaub, nobody wants to hear about this big French Canadian hog!

TS, is this the keyboard that you're using?

50015812-Destroyed-keyboard-which-will-never-work-again-Stock-Photo.jpg

He won't be competitive @ his current weight at 185 but will be at 170..he's too small now..and he feels more confident at 170 .. that's huge for a fighters mental preparation

TS, is this the keyboard that you're using?

50015812-Destroyed-keyboard-which-will-never-work-again-Stock-Photo.jpg

It actually is, my stuff gets messed up from using it outside.

My laptop gets bounced around in the boat hooked up to a data logger testing and gets thrown around the pits pulling fuel maps etc.

But I’m on my phone right now and it’s in bad shape. Busted screen etc from the same shit.

He won't be competitive @ his current weight at 185 but will be at 170..he's too small now..and he feels more confident at 170 .. that's huge for a fighters mental preparation

See that’s where the question is. If he feels like he Performance better at thatvsize wouldnt he actually do better at 185 at that size then bulked up and not performing as well.

He’s strong as hell anyways, would have a massive speed advantage and cardio for days.

With the skills he has I think h might actually dye better at 185 smaller faster etc than heavier slower and gassing.

We know that GSP was hoping to fight Conor before Conor's loss to Diaz, and GSP wanted to fight Bisping. He didn't EVER want to fight anyone at 185, except Bisping. He's cherry-picking opponents and the one with the most money and easiest to defeat is Conor. Do we really expect Dana to force him to fight at 185? Why are we convinced that GSP must fight Whittaker and that there isn't a clause where GSP can get out of that contract? Certainly the UFC can choose to not enforce it or renegotiate it.

It was like against Alves he bulked up so he wasn’t severely outsized he looked slower and sluggish than in his previous fights.

So r cently GSP has said That he is back to his normal size already and feels great and feels like his body performs better lighter.

So, if he peReforms better at the smaller size, could he fight at 185 again but not bulk up for it?

I mean if he thinks his body does better there woukdnit not be better to go ahead and fight at 185 at a lighter weight? Since he thinks he pe Forms better there anyway?

If the size is not benificial why would he need it?
Technically, 4-5 yrs ago, he said that if he were to take a fight at 185, it would be a permanent move...

Technically, 4-5 yrs ago, he said that if he were to take a fight at 185, it would be a permanent move...
Yes he did, but that was before he
A) got the ass aids
B) felt he performs better lighter.

So maybe he does come back to 185, but just at his normal weight instead of bulked up

That will be a miracle of medicine. The first "bulk-up" related case of UC that resolves so quickly after stopping it.

See that’s where the question is. If he feels like he Performance better at thatvsize wouldnt he actually do better at 185 at that size then bulked up and not performing as well.

He’s strong as hell anyways, would have a massive speed advantage and cardio for days.

With the skills he has I think h might actually dye better at 185 smaller faster etc than heavier slower and gassing.

It's not because I feel better when I weight 160 pounds that I can suddenly go challenge 250 pounds men.

What GSP says, is that he performs better at 170, not that he can suddenly challenge elite MW by weighing 15 pounds less than them.

Skills > weight, IF the skills are not too close and the weight is not too far apart.

GSP fighting at 187-190 can beat a top 10-15 MW, but I doubt he can beat a top 5 MW.

It's not because I feel better when I weight 160 pounds that I can suddenly go challenge 250 pounds men.

What GSP says, is that he performs better at 170, not that he can suddenly challenge elite MW by weighing 15 pounds less than them.

Skills > weight, IF the skills are not too close and the weight is not too far apart.

GSP fighting at 187-190 can beat a top 10-15 MW, but I doubt he can beat a top 5 MW.

Well that’s the point, he says he feels better and his body performs better.

So if he were to return to 185, would it be better for him to be at his 170 weight, if his body performs better that way than bulked up.

GSP is most likely waiting for a Conor fight.

The fact that he clearly doesn't intend to stick around for long, he should just be having catchweight fights so it has no reflections on any divisions.

I really think he should retire. Age was clear factor in his performance and this would be perfect way to end the career. And if he returns to WW Woodley would knock him out at first.

Come back at 170, reclaim the WW belt, then fight Conor for the biggest MMA ppv of all times.

Then retire after destroying Conor.

he can bulk up but he will always be fighting against bigger guys who are cutting DOWN to make 185.

Back