Performance vs size GSP

Yes he did, but that was before he
A) got the ass aids
B) felt he performs better lighter.

So maybe he does come back to 185, but just at his normal weight instead of bulked up
"felt he performs better lighter. "

See that’s where the question is. If he feels like he Performance better at thatvsize wouldnt he actually do better at 185 at that size then bulked up and not performing as well.

He’s strong as hell anyways, would have a massive speed advantage and cardio for days.

With the skills he has I think h might actually dye better at 185 smaller faster etc than heavier slower and gassing.

No because it's not merely about weight, yes he might benefit in areas like speed and stamina because he had a tiny weight cut but 185ers are much bigger height wise and just structurally. . He belongs at 170. .he could compete at 185..but it's like McGregor or bj penn..bj fought at 205 before he could do it but it's not the wisest choice.. and Connor at 170+ is bad idea too 155 is ideal for him...I wish hed fought a few more times at 185 too but I'm glad he's listening to his body and choosing to not push him self past reasonable limits

Well that’s the point, he says he feels better and his body performs better.

So if he were to return to 185, would it be better for him to be at his 170 weight, if his body performs better that way than bulked up.

Maybe, but no one is getting to a lower weight to fight in a higher division. What would be the point? That would be stupid.

Maybe, but no one is getting to a lower weight to fight in a higher division. What would be the point? That would be stupid.
He’s already back down to his normal size, I don’t k is how the bulk fell off so quick other than ass aids but it did

See that’s where the question is. If he feels like he Performance better at thatvsize wouldnt he actually do better at 185 at that size then bulked up and not performing as well.

He’s strong as hell anyways, would have a massive speed advantage and cardio for days.

With the skills he has I think h might actually dye better at 185 smaller faster etc than heavier slower and gassing.
He might do well against Jacare and Whittaker but against guys like Rockhold,that Brazlian guy who beat Hendricks and Weidman he will be at a massive size disadvantage which will be too hard to overcome

It's not because I feel better when I weight 160 pounds that I can suddenly go challenge 250 pounds men.

What GSP says, is that he performs better at 170, not that he can suddenly challenge elite MW by weighing 15 pounds less than them.

Skills > weight, IF the skills are not too close and the weight is not too far apart.

GSP fighting at 187-190 can beat a top 10-15 MW, but I doubt he can beat a top 5 MW.
I actually think TS suggestion has some merit. Hypotetically, if GSP do not biff up to fight at 185, he could gain in speed most of what he loose in power. Also, those big muscles he had to fight Bisping seemed to required a shit load of oxygen and aren't to good for 5 round wars. Well we will never know because GSP will retired unless he fights Conor.

He would be definitely be able to beat some guys at 185 showing up at his regular weight of what? 192? Would br undersized, but could still take the guys down and probably sub guys like whittaker.

Back