Why Did Tyron Woodley Duck Colby Covington?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score

Calls for a fight with Nate Diaz but turns down a fight with a legit contender and opts for surgery. Now we're stuck with a WMMA main event. Pretty lame.

He's scared he'll lose and the last person he wants to lose to is Colby Covington. Basically.

Woodley saw Nate Diaz as a "money fight". As stupid as I think that is, I highly doubt an athlete like Tyron is scared of someone like Colby Covington.

GOAT WW gotta fight Nate Diaz for some reasons, if you dont agree you racis

He knows Covington will ground and pound his face for 25 minutes

If he goes for a Nate fight.....he should be stripped.

Just fight Colby, do the right thing.

There is only one Woodley, but every WW wants a title shot. You can't fight everyone who calls you out

Woodley would knock Covington into next week. And I'm not even a Woodley fan.

I don't know if there is a money fight for Woodley at WW period.

He simply wants a money fight. That would be GSP or Diaz. Not Colby.

Is he scared? Yes. He is scared of not retiring a multimillionaire.

It is very simple; Diaz was an easy fight. Woodley loses to Covington.

Styles make fights and Woodley folds under pressure; see Marquardt and Rory fights. Covington wears him out for a easy UD.

It's more like he's ducking a 100k buyrate and no PPV points.

Calls for a fight with Nate Diaz but turns down a fight with a legit contender and opts for surgery. Now we're stuck with a WMMA main event. Pretty lame.

Low key conor and Gsp wants the welterweight title but they're scared of the guy holding it Tyron knows this so he wants a money fight

As stupid as I think that is, I highly doubt an athlete like Tyron is scared of someone like Colby Covington.

He's twice the fighter Colby is so he's definitely not scared of Colby, BUT...

I would bet my house he's terrified of losing to Colby after everything that's been said on social media.

It's a totally different sort of pressure.

In the 16 months since Woodley won the WW belt, he has 3 successful title defenses. In the 24 months since McGregor won the 145 belt, he has zero title defenses. He fought Diaz twice at catch weight bouts (won once, lost once via submission) and beat Alvarez for the 155 belt and then relinquished the 145 belt. So go start a thread about McGregor ducking contenders instead of a stupid thread about Woodley.

So Nate whos been just chillin for over a year on loss to a LW is higher ranked than an active WW who just beat Maia?

Tyron wants a “money” fight so bad it stinks. We dont wanna see him in any of those matches he wants. Maybe the GSP fight but c’mon man, let your fist do the talking, youve defended twice against the same exact person leaving everyone scratching there heads then you get booed out of Anaheim in a snoozer vs Jitz guy.

If you want “Conor” type treatment then keep KOing fools, UFC likes those KOs.

Back