I understand why it bothers people when brazilians say " you will die"

Jimmy Jazz

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I didnt get it at first but now that I think about it, this is a combat sport like boxing. People die every year because its a dangerous sport. How awful would it look if some guy lost his life while people were cheering that? it would be terrible for the sport and is just a bad thing to do. Fighters take their lives in their own hands everytime they enter the cage or ring and i think its time everyone showed some respect for that.

no need to get offended by words from their culture, they should suck it up being called animals too. just insults. who cares its a fight. won't be the first time in a sport a team insults another

met·a·phor
ˈmedəˌfôr,ˈmedəˌfər/
noun
noun: metaphor; plural noun: metaphors
  1. a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
    "“I had fallen through a trapdoor of depression,” said Mark, who was fond of theatrical metaphors"
    synonyms: figure of speech, image, trope, analogy, comparison, symbol, word painting/picture
    "the profusion of metaphors in her everyday speech has gotten pretty tiresome"
    • a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, especially something abstract.
      "the amounts of money being lost by the company were enough to make it a metaphor for an industry that was teetering"

It doesn't really bother me, but the brazilians also shouldn't be crying when a fighter fires back at them, just as said fighter shouldn't cry when they ALSO respond, in turn. All's fair in love & war. Shit's like a Merry-Go-Round of hostility. lol

Well, it’s just an expression really.

“We will rock you” isn’t supposed to be taken literally either

I used to find it annoying, but now I look forward to it just to hear the whole crowd be silenced whenever their dude loses.

That shit's fun.

I didnt get it at first but now that I think about it, this is a combat sport like boxing. People die every year because its a dangerous sport. How awful would it look if some guy lost his life while people were cheering that? it would be terrible for the sport and is just a bad thing to do. Fighters take their lives in their own hands everytime they enter the cage or ring and i think its time everyone showed some respect for that.
It's not that big of a deal. If you're referencing Colby Covington I think he was more offended by the things that happened to him BEFORE the fight.

It's all in fun. We don't all need to be so sensitive.

If a fighter dies in competition, I don't think people's focus will be on what the crowd was chanting.

It doesn't really bother me, but the brazilians also shouldn't be crying when a fighter fires back at them, just as said fighter shouldn't cry when they ALSO respond, in turn. All's fair in love & war. Shit's like a Merry-Go-Round of hostility. lol
Exactly. Brazilian fans are overly sensitive. Their antics leading up to the fight is what, right or wrong, drove Colby to say what he did. This is why my favorite fights are when a Brazilian in Brazil gets knocked out cold. The butt-hurt driven silence that ensues is pure gold.

Exactly. Brazilian fans are overly sensitive. Their antics leading up to the fight is what, right or wrong, drove Colby to say what he did. This is why my favorite fights are when a Brazilian in Brazil gets knocked out cold. The butt-hurt driven silence that ensues is pure gold.

You sound pretty sensitive about dem antics tho

_87862324_488226322.jpg

Well, it’s just an expression really.

“We will rock you” isn’t supposed to be taken literally either

The difference is the odds of being killed in a fight are actually real. Unless you're living in the middle of buttfuck nowhere India, you aren't gonna be stoned to death.

Doesn't bother me, because they are such a shitty group of people from a shit hole country they get a pass. If it was said in English they would probably stop the broadcast

The difference is the odds of being killed in a fight are actually real. Unless you're living in the middle of buttfuck nowhere India, you aren't gonna be stoned to death.

That's not what people are saying when they say "rock".

brazilians are cringy as fuck.. but some ppl need to realize that stupid chant comes mostly from a football mentallity (hence idiotic masses).

and somehow became a chant for them (not necessarily wishing death towards a competitor).

they are just being stupid.

conversely, i remember back in the day, ufc dark ages, when vitor the phenom.belfort won he climbed that octagon and cheered jiu jit su... while randy couture would go all chauvinistic and chanted the mongoloid us a us a.

so fuck it, people are stupid.
masses are very stupid.
so am.i
and so is your mom

You sound pretty sensitive about dem antics tho

_87862324_488226322.jpg
I have no problem with WORDS. Say whatever you want to the athletes, call 'em every name in the book. But when people throw things at you that's crossing the line. Only chicken shits do that and they only do it because they know there are no consequences when they're part of a mob.

I have no problem with WORDS. Say whatever you want to the athletes, call 'em every name in the book. But when people throw things at you that's crossing the line. Only chicken shits do that and they only do it because they know there are no consequences when they're part of a mob.

But Werdum wasn't part of a mob.

Edit: Also, chicken shits doing things only because they know there are no consequences? I thought you were DEFENDING Colby. Leave the man alone on Thanksgiving, mate.

But Werdum wasn't part of a mob.

Edit: Also, chicken shits doing things only because they know there are no consequences? I thought you were DEFENDING Colby. Leave the man alone on Thanksgiving, mate.
What the hell does Werdum have to do with what I said? I didn't defend Colby. What he said was stupid and wrong in my opinion, but there was a reason he said it. If people threw shit at me for a week before a fight then maybe I'd be a little pissed off too. If he prefaced his comments by saying, "All the people who assaulted me with objects and water this week are filthy animals" then I wouldn't have had a problem with it. But he called the whole country filthy animals. There's a difference.

If he prefaced his comments by saying, "All the people who assaulted me with objects and water this week are filthy animals" then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But he called the whole country filthy animals. There's a difference.

Oh, OK, so you agree that Colby's comments were unprovoked. I don't know why you're saying that other people "drove" Colby to say what he did, then. He was "exercising free speech", like all his defenders keep saying. Regardless of whether or not he deserves to have a toy thrown at him, he's responsible for his own words.

Back