If Kelvin KO Bisping does it mean he´s championship material at MW?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Not many people have been able to KO Bisping.
But it´s also true he´s on the downside of his career at this point.

If Kelvin knocks him the fuck out, does that make him championship material at MW? Or do you think Bisping is just a favourable match up for Kelvin and no way he gets past the big boys like Luke, Souza, Romero, Weidman, Brunson?

Thoughts?

tumblr_mysigcdtI71ry1rm7o1_400.gif

giphy.gif

34a70d_4aa6fd2738964c6e9dbd8c7127234c65~mv2.gif

The short answer is no. We just watched him get out muscled and finished by a guy on a 3 fight losing streak. I do think if he gets his lifestyle under control he has what it takes to be champion at WW.

He's awesome, but I still think he's too small for guys like Rockhold, for example.

What I mean is as good as he is, he's a welterweight, and weight classes exist for a reason.

The short answer is no. We just watched him get out muscled and finished by a guy on a 3 fight losing streak.
I know what you mean and I agree Kelvin still has a lot to prove, but those 3 losses on Weidman's record are Luke, Romero and Mousasi, the best MWs on the planet.

He’s got enough power no doubt. But think he’s just a little to small.

No. He's strong top 10 material at MW. He's championship material at WW.

I've always liked Kelvin but I got a feeling bisping is going to work him. Im putting all my Vcash on it

I know what you mean and I agree Kelvin still has a lot to prove, but those 3 losses on Weidman's record are Luke, Romero and Mousasi, the best MWs on the planet.

I agree they are, but i also think anyone of them beats Kelvin as well. Maybe not Romero anymore, I think he is going to start a quick slide downward. Kelvin is so good he’s a top 10, possibly top 5 fighter at the weight class above where he should be at.

champions have the discipline to make weight

I've always liked Kelvin but I got a feeling bisping is going to work him. Im putting all my Vcash on it
Bisping had a 13 month layoff before he fought GSP and he was a little hesitant too probably worried about the takedown, but I felt him a little slower than usual, I´m not sure if he´s officialy slowing down but from what I´ve seen lately, Kelvin looks faster and crispier than Bisping with his hands. And Kelvin won´t have to worry about the takedowns like he had to with Weidman. Anyways, it´s a very tough fight for either guy.

But to answer your question, no. If he beats bisping where does he go from there?

I like bisping but i think he has the power to put bisping away in 1

Kennedy/Vitor performances were solid

And bisping doesn't have the best of chin
Not enough recovery

Those are valid points, I disagree with Kelvin having 1 punch KO power but his boxing is definitely sufficient. I just think Bisping has much better endurance, toughness and experience, hopefully enough speed to avoid the big punches.

But to answer your question, no. If he beats bisping where does he go from there?
Good question.
I believe if he decides to stay long enough in the division guys like Bisping 38, Souza almost 38, Romero 40 will eventually retire. He could be a solid top 5 at some point and maybe even get a TS after a winning streak if matched up correctly. But they could always use him as a good main event or co-main event type of fighter, he´s very exciting to watch.

He will be champion at some point whether he KO's Bisping or not.

Kelvin almost TKO'd Weidman, and based on his other performances, I think he'll be champ in the future... if he can make weight.

He would have a chance against the top guys like Rockhold, Romero and Whitaker. But he’s not on GSPs level. The Goat would 50-45 him easy.

Back