Another Conor title defense thread! Very long.

ReasonableMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So, just wanted to get some of my thoughts out here about the whole "why hasn't Conor defended any belts" shtick that gets thrown out by Conor haters.

First of all, I think it's fair to say that if Conor ended up fighting and beating RDA, he would be defending both of his belts right now. The "Diaz Detour" completely sent Conor on a different fighting path then the one that was going to happen if he fought RDA. If he lost, then he would fight the winner of Aldo or Edgar. If he won, he would have defended one of the belts at UFC 200. Most likely against Frankie Edgar or Nate Diaz.

Back to the "Diaz Detour" thing, now, obviously losing to Nate that first time did a bad thing to Conor's career. No lightweight title shot in sight and he had to go defend a belt in a weight class he didn't want to compete in for too much longer humiliated and shamed. So a rematch HAD to happen! Conor needed it to repair his stock. Otherwise, even if he went on a big winning steak, there would always be that black cloud hanging over him.

Then we have UFC 205 and the lightweight title shot. AKA he finally gets sort of back on track and it's almost like those two previous Nate fights didn't happen and we're just getting done with 194. Makes sense for Conor, make history and become double champ or fight a guy you already defeated in 13 seconds?

Side note: Conor said that if Frankie had beaten Aldo, he would have fought him instead of Eddie. He also suggested that he would have fought Max if the UFC asked him to during that in between 205/Mayweather time.

Now we enter a brief period of uncertainty, with no clear number 1 contenders at Lightweight. And there's that big money fight with Floyd already looming close. Sure, I admit that this is the least excusable time frame for Conor not defending a belt, but an opportunity at Floyd is fucking huge! Not many would pass up that chance.

Just as some final thoughts, I think there's a very strong chance we see him defend against Tony early next year. Conor is NO coward, and is certainly not afraid of Ferguson, but he IS a good businessman. Any stalling for this fight is going to come from negotiations between the UFC and Conor.

friday_gifdump_308_07.gif

all I hav got to say is these incidents with Werdum and Volkan are awfully good timing for Conor

So, just wanted to get some of my thoughts out here about the whole "why hasn't Conor defended any belts" shtick that gets thrown out by Conor haters.

First of all, I think it's fair to say that if Conor ended up fighting and beating RDA, he would be defending both of his belts right now

I got this far ^^^ gonna take a nap now, like Conor would defend anything that even looks like a belt...

...Side note: Conor said that if Frankie had beaten Aldo, he would have fought him instead of Eddie. He also suggested that he would have fought Max if the UFC asked him to during that in between 205/Mayweather time....

In regards to your side note Conor said he would fight Frankie if he did something spectacular against Chad. Then he had to say well if he beat Aldo i would have fought him. You can’t take Conor’s word for anything, especially when it comes to picking and choosing his opponents.

He is a piece of shit, and so is the UFC brass. People like you would shove a straw in his asshole and suck if he told you to. Stop acting as if you are objective. FFS!

He is a piece of shit, and so is the UFC brass. People like you would shove a straw in his asshole and suck if he told you to. Stop acting as if you are objective. FFS!
I think completely ignoring the thread's arguments is more of a sign of your lack of objectivity than me creating a thread reasonably explaining my thoughts on a complicated thing.

I think completely ignoring the thread's arguments is more of a sign of your lack of objectivity than me creating a thread reasonably explaining my thoughts on a complicated thing.

Don't mind him, he hates anybody that is white from the waste up.

I got this far ^^^ gonna take a nap now, like Conor would defend anything that even looks like a belt...
Then how can you say that if you didn't read my thread?

To further expand upon this point; outside of a potential WW title shot(which I doubt Conor would take)and an eventual Floyd fight, he would literally have to defend a title. There's no way he could get around defending a title because every fight he could take would necessarily be for one of the two titles.

if conor beat rda he would of fought floyd earlier and then retired

hes not fighting frankie never had plans too he can not make the weight after the IV ban this is one reason why he got the title shot so qick and was literally crying when aldo pulled out the first time

conors a pussy he is retired like the diaz bro now he will only fight for big money and nothing else if he does get big money to fight a real title contender he will lose he and the ufc know this and that is why to this date he hasnt defended a title or fought a real challenger this is FACT

this is also why he and the ufc are taking so long to get his next fight signed he knows hes going to lose to tony and get humiliated hes demanding a unreasonable amount of money to fight tony b/c when he loses he can say well at least i got paid

First of all, I think it's fair to say that if Conor ended up fighting and beating RDA, he would be defending both of his belts right now. The "Diaz Detour" completely sent Conor on a different fighting path then the one that was going to happen if he fought RDA. If he lost, then he would fight the winner of Aldo or Edgar. If he won, he would have defended one of the belts at UFC 200. Most likely against Frankie Edgar or Nate Diaz.

Back to the "Diaz Detour" thing, now, obviously losing to Nate that first time did a bad thing to Conor's career. No lightweight title shot in sight and he had to go defend a belt in a weight class he didn't want to compete in for too much longer humiliated and shamed. So a rematch HAD to happen! Conor needed it to repair his stock. Otherwise, even if he went on a big winning steak, there would always be that black cloud hanging over him.

Then we have UFC 205 and the lightweight title shot. AKA he finally gets sort of back on track and it's almost like those two previous Nate fights didn't happen and we're just getting done with 194. Makes sense for Conor, make history and become double champ or fight a guy you already defeated in 13 seconds?

Side note: Conor said that if Frankie had beaten Aldo, he would have fought him instead of Eddie. He also suggested that he would have fought Max if the UFC asked him to during that in between 205/Mayweather time.

Now we enter a brief period of uncertainty, with no clear number 1 contenders at Lightweight. And there's that big money fight with Floyd already looming close. Sure, I admit that this is the least excusable time frame for Conor not defending a belt, but an opportunity at Floyd is fucking huge! Not many would pass up that chance.

Just as some final thoughts, I think there's a very strong chance we see him defend against Tony early next year. Conor is NO coward, and is certainly not afraid of Ferguson, but he IS a good businessman. Any stalling for this fight is going to come from negotiations between the UFC and Conor.
Dude WTF you lying for?

Frankie vs Aldo was made after Conor vacated the title because Conor vacated the title. Once he had the 155 title he had no plans on keeping the 145.

So where you get he planned on fighting Frankie if he beat Aldo is complete BS.

If McGregor wanted to fight Frankie he could of because that's actually what DW wanted him to do.

Then how can you say that if you didn't read my thread?

To further expand upon this point; outside of a potential WW title shot(which I doubt Conor would take)and an eventual Floyd fight, he would literally have to defend a title. There's no way he could get around defending a title because every fight he could take would necessarily be for one of the two titles.

Easily ^^^ explained I don't have to read your thread to know where you were going. I know Conor, and that's all I need to know. Now why would I need to know anymore than I haven't read here before. The only thing I wanna hear is when will he defend or get stripped, again...

First of all, I think it's fair to say that if Conor ended up fighting and beating RDA, he would be defending both of his belts right now.

NOPE. with the IV ban and him struggling to reach 145 mad that impossible. he would have fought Floyd waaay earlier.

Conor needed it to repair his stock. Otherwise, even if he went on a big winning steak, there would always be that black cloud hanging over him

his stock is already damaged for that fight and the floyd fight which proved his lack of cardio and no roadwork along with his striking that only works in mma against less boxing savvy opponents.

Conor is NO coward, and is certainly not afraid of Ferguson, but he IS a good businessman. Any stalling for this fight is going to come from negotiations between the UFC and Conor.

then why no defenses besides the Tony fight? not even a rematch with Aldo?? he's not a coward, he just picks the fights that benefits him the most while sacrificing little.

Not the biggest fan. But his fights are very exciting. Hopefully when he returns we see a title defense and not a "Money-Fight". UFC knows who the cash cow is and might ride that thing till the end. #DEFEND2018 !!!

And your moniker is ReasonableMMAFan.

If he had beat RDA at 196, he probably would have gone after the Welterweight Championship next to try and become the first ever three division world champion. Imagine an historical show like UFC 200 ending with the image of him holding three belts at one time. Afterwards, he'd probably vacate all of them at once and say that the only belt that matters from now on is the McGregor Belt (he was already joking about holding the McGregor Belt even before he lost to Nate the first time) and that from this point forward he was above all official championships and would only take fights with opponents that were lucrative to him and worthy of his time. He'd probably start by calling out GSP for a super fight in Madison Square Garden at UFC 205.

Dude WTF you lying for?

Frankie vs Aldo was made after Conor vacated the title because Conor vacated the title. Once he had the 155 title he had no plans on keeping the 145.

So where you get he planned on fighting Frankie if he beat Aldo is complete BS.

If McGregor wanted to fight Frankie he could of because that's actually what DW wanted him to do.

He ducked Edgar, rather fight in vacation Mendes

Back