Another Conor title defense thread! Very long.

McGregor has got the entire game wrapped around his little finger

So, just wanted to get some of my thoughts out here about the whole "why hasn't Conor defended any belts" shtick that gets thrown out by Conor haters.

First of all, I think it's fair to say that if Conor ended up fighting and beating RDA, he would be defending both of his belts right now. The "Diaz Detour" completely sent Conor on a different fighting path then the one that was going to happen if he fought RDA. If he lost, then he would fight the winner of Aldo or Edgar. If he won, he would have defended one of the belts at UFC 200. Most likely against Frankie Edgar or Nate Diaz.

Back to the "Diaz Detour" thing, now, obviously losing to Nate that first time did a bad thing to Conor's career. No lightweight title shot in sight and he had to go defend a belt in a weight class he didn't want to compete in for too much longer humiliated and shamed. So a rematch HAD to happen! Conor needed it to repair his stock. Otherwise, even if he went on a big winning steak, there would always be that black cloud hanging over him.

Then we have UFC 205 and the lightweight title shot. AKA he finally gets sort of back on track and it's almost like those two previous Nate fights didn't happen and we're just getting done with 194. Makes sense for Conor, make history and become double champ or fight a guy you already defeated in 13 seconds?

Side note: Conor said that if Frankie had beaten Aldo, he would have fought him instead of Eddie. He also suggested that he would have fought Max if the UFC asked him to during that in between 205/Mayweather time.

Now we enter a brief period of uncertainty, with no clear number 1 contenders at Lightweight. And there's that big money fight with Floyd already looming close. Sure, I admit that this is the least excusable time frame for Conor not defending a belt, but an opportunity at Floyd is fucking huge! Not many would pass up that chance.

Just as some final thoughts, I think there's a very strong chance we see him defend against Tony early next year. Conor is NO coward, and is certainly not afraid of Ferguson, but he IS a good businessman. Any stalling for this fight is going to come from negotiations between the UFC and Conor.
TS, the haters are never going to recognize that he was going to fight RDA.... they willfully delete that from their memory.

.... and you will get many comments on here that Conor is a fraud when he made two world champions look like amateurs.

You are wasting your time, you will never change a haters mind because they have willfully chosen to be biased.

I agree with you, the entire Diaz and Mayweather pathway has led us to where we are now.

The same people that hate conor, hated ronda, hate mike perry.... and anybody else that has a smidge of success. Currently all the haters are focused on Colby right now.

haters are just generally negative pieces of dogshit that project the negativity of their own shitty lives onto the MMA world.

they are the cancer that is here to stay.

you will never change their minds. conor is a fraud and has never tried to defend a belt, and they won't budge from that opinion

So, just wanted to get some of my thoughts out here about the whole "why hasn't Conor defended any belts" shtick that gets thrown out by Conor haters.

First of all, I think it's fair to say that if Conor ended up fighting and beating RDA, he would be defending both of his belts right now. The "Diaz Detour" completely sent Conor on a different fighting path then the one that was going to happen if he fought RDA. If he lost, then he would fight the winner of Aldo or Edgar. If he won, he would have defended one of the belts at UFC 200. Most likely against Frankie Edgar or Nate Diaz.

Back to the "Diaz Detour" thing, now, obviously losing to Nate that first time did a bad thing to Conor's career. No lightweight title shot in sight and he had to go defend a belt in a weight class he didn't want to compete in for too much longer humiliated and shamed. So a rematch HAD to happen! Conor needed it to repair his stock. Otherwise, even if he went on a big winning steak, there would always be that black cloud hanging over him.

Then we have UFC 205 and the lightweight title shot. AKA he finally gets sort of back on track and it's almost like those two previous Nate fights didn't happen and we're just getting done with 194. Makes sense for Conor, make history and become double champ or fight a guy you already defeated in 13 seconds?

Side note: Conor said that if Frankie had beaten Aldo, he would have fought him instead of Eddie. He also suggested that he would have fought Max if the UFC asked him to during that in between 205/Mayweather time.

Now we enter a brief period of uncertainty, with no clear number 1 contenders at Lightweight. And there's that big money fight with Floyd already looming close. Sure, I admit that this is the least excusable time frame for Conor not defending a belt, but an opportunity at Floyd is fucking huge! Not many would pass up that chance.

Just as some final thoughts, I think there's a very strong chance we see him defend against Tony early next year. Conor is NO coward, and is certainly not afraid of Ferguson, but he IS a good businessman. Any stalling for this fight is going to come from negotiations between the UFC and Conor.
We'll see if he defends next year or not UFC is interested in co-promoting with anyone let alone Conor he can try and get more money for thats it.

I doubt his scared of anyone at LW but his getting to greedy he wants co-promoting rights to build his brand UFC won't do it. UFC is not going to help promote future rival promotion.

He’s helped fighter pay for sure, but only to those who already had some sort of leverage (GSP or belt holders).

Other than that, he completely ruined matchmaking.

Dude WTF you lying for?

Frankie vs Aldo was made after Conor vacated the title because Conor vacated the title. Once he had the 155 title he had no plans on keeping the 145.

So where you get he planned on fighting Frankie if he beat Aldo is complete BS.

If McGregor wanted to fight Frankie he could of because that's actually what DW wanted him to do.

Aldo vs Edgar happened because Conor was fighting Nate and HADN'T vacated.

If Frankie had won at 200 I think Conor would have defended against him because of all the trash Frankie was saying. It would have been a pretty big fight too.

Where could he have reasonably fought Edgar? And remember, Conor was down to fight ANYONE after RDA pulled out.

Easily ^^^ explained I don't have to read your thread to know where you were going. I know Conor, and that's all I need to know. Now why would I need to know anymore than I haven't read here before. The only thing I wanna hear is when will he defend or get stripped, again...
You don't know Conor. In fact, given you're extremely ignorant comments you know very little about Conor.

NOPE. with the IV ban and him struggling to reach 145 mad that impossible. he would have fought Floyd waaay earlier.

his stock is already damaged for that fight and the floyd fight which proved his lack of cardio and no roadwork along with his striking that only works in mma against less boxing savvy opponents.

then why no defenses besides the Tony fight? not even a rematch with Aldo?? he's not a coward, he just picks the fights that benefits him the most while sacrificing little.

I think in this alternate time line, he's essentially forced into fighting the winner of Frankie/Aldo at 205. He would literally have no else to fight. Killer weight cut for sure, but not impossible.

How is there still a black cloud? He beat Nate and silenced tons of critics. And even so, if Conor didn't beat Nate, he'd look even worse. As for Floyd, there's zero black cloud because A. He looked pretty damn good and B. It was a boxing match. And funny you say that his striking skills only work on non boxers, even though they worked on a boxer of Floyd's calibre.

Why fight Aldo instead of making history fighting Eddie/Floyd?

Too many ifs, TS lives in a fantasy world.

And Tony is a clear contender for a long time., his win streak is insane. Stop the bullshit and lies about the LW situation.

1. yet another mcgregor thread today...#23,234,546,657,676th
2. tl; dr

You don't know Conor. In fact, given you're extremely ignorant comments you know very little about Conor.

qDjgzs1.gif

You talk like you know him on intimate terms you guys getting together this weekend? Retreat back to your fantasy world where only you and Conor exist....

Way to many what if's there man. If Colin this or if Colin that. Colin is runnin'. Pure and simple.

Dude WTF you lying for?

Frankie vs Aldo was made after Conor vacated the title because Conor vacated the title. Once he had the 155 title he had no plans on keeping the 145.

So where you get he planned on fighting Frankie if he beat Aldo is complete BS.

If McGregor wanted to fight Frankie he could of because that's actually what DW wanted him to do.
False. Frankie vs aldo was for the interim belt. Learn facts before you call people liars or you end up looking stupid

Conor McGregor and title defense is like Cat and Water.

I bet you've been waiting years trying to find me misspelling a word. Not surprised you are obsessed.

Shut up b!tch! You got caught sh!t happens , happens to me too, but I try to re-read unlike your sad got caught ass...

Back