Colby defending his actions

JayJayMMA

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted yet, Colby Covington was on the MMA hour trying to defend his actions.

As an aside, no such thing as free speech in Australia. You can't get away with discriminating here though violence isn't tolerated either.

Colby seems to put everything down to free speech and his ability to say whatever he wants without there being any consequences, he seems to be upset that people dislike him saying what he does. His inability to sledge without charisma leads him to just come across as offensive, he will sit there wondering how some other fighters get away with it and fail to see that the issue is with his delivery.

Werdum will prob get a fine or good behaviour bond, no chance of anything more for a first offender without there being a charge of bodily harm attached to the assault charge.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11...-threatened-to-kill-him-in-boomerang-incident

"Covington said he was talking trash to Tyron Woodley on Twitter last Wednesday while waiting for a cab outside the fighter hotel in Sydney when someone punched him in the head."

"He’s out here saying, ‘Colby was calling me a filthy animal.’ No, I said those comments three weeks ago. Those comments are old. You can’t come up and attack someone because of free speech. It’s not OK to condone violence because of free speech.”"

"That doesn’t mean he should be attacked, though, Covington said. The Oregon native believes he should be able to say what he wants — free speech — without fear of assault and battery. "

"Covington said anyone calling him a snitch for going to the police about Werdum are the “same people that are cheating on their taxes, cheating on their wives” and “a bunch of filthy animals.”

“You messed with Oregon’s biggest bad guy and you went about it the wrong way, man. There’s a way to go about your business. You can’t come in and invade people’s personal space because of free speech. Now you’re in the hands of the Australian police and I’m onto bigger things: Tyron Woodley.”

Not sure if this was posted yet, Colby Covington was on the MMA hour trying to defend his actions.

As an aside, no such thing as free speech in Australia. You can't get away with discriminating here though violence isn't tolerated either.

Colby seems to put everything down to free speech and his ability to say whatever he wants without there being any consequences, he seems to be upset that people dislike him saying what he does. His inability to sledge without charisma leads him to just come across as offensive, he will sit there wondering how some other fighters get away with it and fail to see that the issue is with his delivery.

Werdum will prob get a fine or good behaviour bond, no chance of anything more for a first offender without there being a charge of bodily harm attached to the assault charge.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11...-threatened-to-kill-him-in-boomerang-incident

"Covington said he was talking trash to Tyron Woodley on Twitter last Wednesday while waiting for a cab outside the fighter hotel in Sydney when someone punched him in the head."

"He’s out here saying, ‘Colby was calling me a filthy animal.’ No, I said those comments three weeks ago. Those comments are old. You can’t come up and attack someone because of free speech. It’s not OK to condone violence because of free speech.”"

"That doesn’t mean he should be attacked, though, Covington said. The Oregon native believes he should be able to say what he wants — free speech — without fear of assault and battery. "

"Covington said anyone calling him a snitch for going to the police about Werdum are the “same people that are cheating on their taxes, cheating on their wives” and “a bunch of filthy animals.”

“You messed with Oregon’s biggest bad guy and you went about it the wrong way, man. There’s a way to go about your business. You can’t come in and invade people’s personal space because of free speech. Now you’re in the hands of the Australian police and I’m onto bigger things: Tyron Woodley.”
we don't have free speech in australia you are correct, but did he say any of his "filthy animal" comments in australia?

lol man I'm really starting to dislike this guy. I want to link this thread to everybody that's supporting what Colby's doing. "FREE SPEECH wooo I can say what I want no repercussions!" lol nope. That ain't how it works, Cody. Not with anybody, but ESPECIALLY not with brazilians. I'm just a fan and even I know you don't pop off to brazilians and expect them to sit there and not do anything about it.

STOP GIVING THIS LOSER ATTENTION. This shit is worse than mcgregor and this loser hasnt even beaten anyone other than Maia. Please MODS stop these threads.

LOL @ being able to say whatever you want with no repercussions. What world does that fool live in?

Yep, he sure did.
where is there like a tape? We do have legislation that defends free speech but we don't have constitutional free speech, if he did say these things in australia it will be interesting to see if they would classify it as hate speech

Sherdog really falling for this dude, lol

There is no excuse for unecessary violence. Self control is a sign of a free and clean society. Violence resulting from emotional triggering over words is not acceptable unless you're a snowflake cuck sjw pussy. Which sadly a lot of people are.

Yeah he doesn't get it does he?
If you're gonna talk trash to promote yourself you say it with a wink and a smile or be so outlandish that it's just plain funny.
If you're just yelling abuse and doubling down on it, seeming to be completely telling the truth as you see it then that's not sledging, that's verbal abuse.

There is no excuse for unecessary violence. Self control is a sign of a free and clean society. Violence resulting from emotional triggering over words is not acceptable unless you're a snowflake cuck sjw pussy. Which sadly a lot of people are.
Its the other way around lol, you're a pussy if you are afraid of violence resulting from your shit talk. If you don't want to get hurt, don't talk shit, its quite simple.

Actually it's the other way round, it's the snowflake cuck sjw pussies that get upset because they got slapped for being a cunt. It's not triggering, it's teaching people that actions have consequences.

we don't have free speech in australia you are correct, but did he say any of his "filthy animal" comments in australia?
He videotaped himself saying it. Lol. And posted it on Instagram.

Yeah he doesn't get it does he?
If you're gonna talk trash to promote yourself you say it with a wink and a smile or be so outlandish that it's just plain funny.
If you're just yelling abuse and doubling down on it, seeming to be completely telling the truth as you see it then that's not sledging, that's verbal abuse.
Sonnen was telling the truth with his xenophobic bullshit too. You guys just keep using the 'good natured' excuse to give him a pass. He is every bit a piece of shit as Colby and he is a felon too. Yet, he is looked on as some kind of god here. Shows how fucking pathetic MMA fans are.

Free speech while being racist. This guy is 100% born in USA.

where is there like a tape? We do have legislation that defends free speech but we don't have constitutional free speech, if he did say these things in australia it will be interesting to see if they would classify it as hate speech

I don't know how true it is, but Werdum said that as they passed each other, Colby mumbled "something, something filthy animal", which sparked the whole incident.

In fairness, Werdum was probably referring to the post fight speech comments, and I doubt Colby said it to Werdum's face. On the other hand, as a pro fighter himself, Colby has to understand that there are repercussions for running your mouth. Werdum will suffer consequences (legal action) just as Colby will (being confronted/attacked/whatever). It's the whole don't go poking a bear with a stick thing. Colby is a fuckin moron, especially considering that Brazil is a 3rd world country, and people are going to be a lot more sensitive to those types of comments. If you called me a retard, I doubt I'd care that much, but if someone in my family was retarded, I'd probably have a much different reaction.

Back