Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
4:1 against Ross Pearson (-435)
4:1 against Cowboy Oliveira (-360)
2:1 against Charles do Bronx (-205)
4:1 against Nik Lentz (-550)

To put into perspective, you’d have to bet $550 to win $100 on Brooks to beat Lentz.

And I honestly thought he -barely- scraped by Pearson.

If you asked me to describe his fighting style, I wouldn’t be able to tell you.

Hallman/Hughes - Brooks/Chandler

I thought he was going to be top 10 for sure but wow he's behind Lombard as biggest Bellator disappointment

I remember when some people would actually argue Lombard would beat Anderson 7-8 years ago

Brooks is a huge disappointment, I still think he is good, but it's interesting how Alvarez got the title. Brooks can't get past gatekeeper type fights.

Will Brooks fucked up his career.

"Explosive" fighters like Brooks, Melvin Gillard, A. Pettis and Rashad Evans don't seem to fare too well consistantly at the highest levels of mma. Too bad too because they always seem like they're one strike away from turning it all around but never do.

I thought he was going to be top 10 for sure but wow he's behind Lombard as biggest Bellator disappointment

I remember when some people would actually argue Lombard would beat Anderson 7-8 years ago

Lombard was already old though and still had his moments of brilliance.

Will Brooks just entering his prime has had nothing but mediocre moments

"Explosive" fighters like Brooks, Melvin Gillard, A. Pettis and Rashad Evans don't seem to fare too well consistantly at the highest levels of mma. Too bad too because they always seem like they're one strike away from turning it all around but never do.

God. Thank you for doing the right thing and including Pettis on that list.

Dude Pettis and Rashad are legit as fuck tho. Shit, Pettis has a title defense on his record.

Brooks/Melvin is a good comparison tho.

At least with Lombard, his disappointment was predictable. Brook's failing are not as clear aside from questionable fight iq

God. Thank you for doing the right thing and including Pettis on that list.

Pettis has finished Cowboy, Bendo, and Gilbert. Even Do Bronx was a fantastic recent win.

He's FAR more accomplished and is above comparisons to Brooks or Melvin.

Brooks seems to have poor fight IQ. The Cowboy loss is somewhat understandable, and maybe he had an off-night against Do Bronx, but he played a dumb game with Lentz.

I say give him one more shot. Against a total can. I'm surprised since he seemed to be legitimately talented, but at the same time he also fights like an idiot.

Brooks is a huge disappointment, I still think he is good, but it's interesting how Alvarez got the title. Brooks can't get past gatekeeper type fights.

Robbed Pettis, Split decision Giblert, he could had been 0-3 before his title shot, give Brooks a title shot and he might get it.

4:1 against Ross Pearson (-435)
4:1 against Cowboy Oliveira (-360)
2:1 against Charles do Bronx (-205)
4:1 against Nik Lentz (-550)

To put into perspective, you’d have to bet $550 to win $100 on Brooks to beat Lentz.

And I honestly thought he -barely- scraped by Pearson.

If you asked me to describe his fighting style, I wouldn’t be able to tell you.
1-3. Let that soak in

Dude is nothing special. His striking is just ok. His wrestling is good but he can't set it up properly (Lentz fight).

And he is boring unless he is losing

he was better off being the big fish in the shallow puddle at bellator

He was not hyped as much as Lombard was.. I told everyone on here so many times that Lombard is not a elite fighter and is poor/average and I am so certain many of his earlier fights were works, a lot of the guys were 0-1 and made their debut against him and never ever fought again, I think something is very fishy about that. So he came into UFC with a padded record but he is not a good fighter, he is very stiff and has a bad chin and is a quitter. He is 3-7 in UFC.. no surprise for me.

Brooks was hyped too, not to the same level, but I do think he is skilled and talented but he hasn't looked the same in UFC and seems to have mental lapses

Back