Stipe needs a challenger under 40. Werdum looked old and slow last night.

VERBAL-FEDOR

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Werdum came into the fight looking like he has been eating burritos for the past month, had a gut, assaulted somebody, clowned around during the fight and still handily beat up the #8 ranked guy.

Werdum, Overeem and Hunt....all peaked like 6-10 years ago.

HW is so weak they keep recycling these seniors.

I hope Ngannou emerges out of the Overeem fight otherwise it’s gonna be the same old stuff.

I don’t know about you guys, but MMA is not as interesting without some badass HW’s.

Mighty Mouse’s flying armbar on Ralph Berg? Who gives a damn.

When's the last time Werdum hasn't had a gut?

When's the last time Werdum hasn't had a gut?
thumbnail_crop.php

To be fair his cardio was great for a 40 years old heavyweight.

Werdum looked great in that fight against Tybura. Im honestly surprised that Tyburas headkicks barely even wobbled him except for that one is rd 5. They were there all night too.

Werdums approach to that fight was great, he had everything to lose and nothing to gain. I think Stipe would TKO him again within 3 rounds to be honest. Stipe is too fast and hits too hard.

I really hope Ngannou finishes Overeem and we get Stipe vs Ngannou is 2018.

The heavies haven’t been exciting in a long time

Stipe is on top of a division of fighters who have been way more active than him against top contenders, that's why he looks so good.

He's had three years since fighting top fighters where he's only had one fight. He keeps his chin fresh by not fighting as much. Not saying he's not a good fighter - he obviously is - but he looks a lot more normal if he isn't the only stand up guy with a currently solid chin.

Werdum looked is normal.
Tybura did well, pretty big jump up in competition.

I think neither fighters stock changed much from that fight.

HW is a weird division, it does seem to be dominated by older fighters.

Stipe is on top of a division of fighters who have been way more active than him against top contenders, that's why he looks so good.

He's had three years since fighting top fighters where he's only had one fight. He keeps his chin fresh by not fighting as much. Not saying he's not a good fighter - he obviously is - but he looks a lot more normal if he isn't the only stand up guy with a currently solid chin.

That's technically true only because he's had several fights with December and January dates. He may go with only one fight in a calendar year, but he hasn't gone longer than 9 months without a fight. The usual gap is about 6 months...which is what we're now at, BTW.

Tybura was giving Werdum a lot of problems, his styles is awkward and keeps changing southpaw to orthodox hard to get a real flow going against someone like that. Plus Tybura is pretty tough he never seems broken or giving up at any moment even when his fighting a losing battle.

I hope so....Stipe making a name off has-beens

Stipe unfortunately has the Jon Jones situation.... where most of his opponents are battle-worn and older even though they still have name value. There's literally no new talent coming into the LHW/HW divisions compared to a decade ago.

No, give the shot to Werdum. He'd be on a four fight win streak had the judges not robbed him of his Overeem win. I think he's done just enough to justify it. Plus, I'm always in the mood to see Werdum get put to sleep.

Stipe is the big fish in a small pond at this moment. The most dangerous challenger at this point is Overeem, and Overeem's chin is so shot, a stiff breeze will KO him.

Prime JDS, Cain, Werdum, Brock, and probably a few others would do bad things to Stipe.

Back