Still not sold on the 'Showtime Kick'

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

Can someone please give me a good reason for me to believe that kick wasn't a work. I'm asking for this because I think the move was incredible but the body language before still has me on the fence

UPDATE: after seeing the respectful explanations on here. I can honestly believe the kick wasn't a work. I just thought the whole thing was crazy and wanted to see the opinions out there so I could give myself more reasons to believe it. Kudos to Pettis

Last edited by a moderator:
#1: Benson didn't go out. If it was rigged he wouldn't keep fighting.

#2: It occured in the 5th round of a competitive fight both were clearly trying to win.

#3: Benson tapping foot against cage? He did that a few times throughout fight apparently to make feet less slippery.

#4: Pettis has thrown other moves off the cage like the knee to Cerrone.

Last edited:
You know what else was on the fence?

Pettis.

The only Pettis related thread... Started by a dumbass...

Sigh.... Wished Showtime could rise again, no one is as talent and as exciting as him...

Because that fight wasn't just for the WEC title, the winner also gets an instant shot at reigning the UFC champ.
It didn't happen due to a draw between Maynard-Edgar.

Joining us on the panel will be three independent experts on UFC fence building and materials, let's start with you Kenny Florian

"Thanks jon"

Pettis has executed a slew of insane kicks throughout his career. Not sure what you're looking for here, TS, other than ridicule.

Benson sure as fuck didn't like it.

You probably think this is fake too,right?

Anthony-Pettis-knee-off-fence.gif

Damn ....... clicked this thinking showtime was creating a new mma program to start showing fights ......<GOT4>

The only Pettis related thread... Started by a dumbass...

Sigh.... Wished Showtime could rise again, no one is as talent and as exciting as him...
He's got pretty kicks and knees.

That's.
About.
It.

Although his hands looked improved against Miller, it was an older Miller. I hope he continues to work on his boxing

That's.
About.
It.

Although his hands looked improved against Miller, it was an older Miller. I hope he continues to work on his boxing
You forgot pretty face! Lol!

I think the problem is not his striking it's his wrestling

Can someone please give me a good reason for me to believe that kick wasn't a work. I'm asking for this because I think the move was incredible but the body language before still has me on the fence

pettis and roufous work on tricky shit like that all the time. he even said so himself in the post fight interview.

That's.
About.
It.

He is slick on the mat too. His TDD and boxing are the only things holding him back.

I always felt he was too worried about his hair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back