Ranking the current champions

Señor_pepino

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Who is the best and worst champion in the ufc right now? We have guys breaking records in divisions no one cares about. We have guys getting knocked out and keeping the belt. We have guys ruling divisions with no depth and guys avoiding contenders in the deepest divisions. Here is my list from worst to best:

Conor mcgregor: we gotta be honest here, love him or hate him he ran from 145 and is now running from 155. Hell he ran from mma! Since winning the 145 title he went 1-1 (arguably 0-2) with nate diaz at 170, captured the 155 title but has avoided any mma fights since. Not injured simply abandoned his division.

Cody garbrandt: on the injured list with da boiiisss!!! It happens but hard to rank him higher without him actually fighting this year yet.

Tyron woodley: first defense was a draw and his second and third defenses did him no favors. Fights so bad he might have ranked higher with no defenses! He is perhaps the most entitled champ we have seen. Does not seem to understand that holding the belt does not make people automatically want to see you fight.

Max holloway: he is in the most interesting positon as champ. For the first time in a decade 145 is wide open and i cant wait to see what happens next.

Michael bisping: beat anderson, avenged his loss to hendo, ran through champ rockhold on short notice and now headed to a super fight with gsp. Consitently underrated but always brings it. And will probably be one of the few to retire as champ.

Dc: discounting the jones shenanigans he is head and shoulders above the rest of 205. Peds or not though he did get kod and if it was not for that he would have been at the top.

Stipe miocic: he whooped jds, overeem, werdum, and would probably whoop cain. Wish there were more guys at hw for him to fight.

Mighty mouse: not much to say here. Dude is a beast. He is active and dominates consistently.

Last edited:
Males only:

MM
Steip
woodley
DC
Conor
Cody
Holloway
Bisping

Bisping is the first champ since Serra that would be an underdog to the entire top 5 of his division.

MM
Stipe
Whittaker
Holloway

The rest in any order, probably.

HW-Conor
LHW-Conor
MW-Conor
WW-Platinum
LW-Conor
FW-Conor
BW-Conor
FLW-Conor
Womens FW-Conor
Womens BW-Conor
Womens FLW-Conor

If you told me 2 years ago this was going to be the champs of 2017 I would've definitely.....not believed you.

Conor, who else is champ again? Are we talking mma or boxing? Either way Conor.

Miocic
Holloway
Whittaker
Mouse
Cormier (guess he counts...)
Woodley
Garbrandt
Conor
Bisping

If you told me 2 years ago this was going to be the champs of 2017 I would've definitely.....not believed you.

I have to agree with that. Went from cain/ werdum to a guy that lost to struve.

Aldo not a champ at all.

No cruz or tj.

Bendo, rda, cerrone and pettis nowhere near 155 contendership.

Not that surprised about bisping and woodley though.

Back