Conor's Punching Power Is So Overrated

King Cobra

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Conor has power and can bang. But to say that he has a solid chance of beating Mayweather because he has power is ridiculous because basically what that is implying is that he can hit harder than Canelo, Maidana, Cotto, Pacquiao and even Shane Mosley.

It took 500 knock downs for him to than finally finish Alvarez after the 4 punch combo only for the ref to end it by TKO.

Yet he dropped Nate Diaz multiple times but not enough to score a knock out while Nate was able to recover and come back to give it a close fight for the next 4 rounds.

Now keep in mind all of this is with four ounce gloves.

Again I am not saying Conor cannot bang. Dude can hit. But his power has been hyped up as if he is the hardest hitting combat sports athlete of all timer since Ernie Shavers.

tumblr_mcq7y71NPE1rk003oo1_400.gif

We will see how well Floyd absorbs Conor's punches.

It's UFC forum and it's Conor ... so .... but es I agree 100%

Paulie M. ate those "Celtic" lefts for 24 rounds according to Conor and he was never KOd cold.

Conor's power is probably average for elite boxers, so yeah he's going to need a miracle to win this.

I'm not impressed by your performance.

Its always been overrated, hes timing defenseless guys in MMA with 4oz gloves. Its all just the timing not the power. He hits ok.

In boxing though, he has average or below average power, not nearly enough to even have a punchers chance against floyd. Hes really deluded if he thinks one shot will KO mayweather and i hope he does get to land clean once to see how deluded he really is. He just has ok power like paulie said.

His is a good puncher but people act like he is Thomas Hearns or something.

Back