25 Gaethje legkicks

It's a shame he's being kidnapped by TUF so we can't see him fight again sooner.

Imagine him and Edson Barboza fought eachother.

edson would murder him. Edson has some beautiful yet, deadly leg kicks. He gets full toque in his hips and kills. He has much better technique. That white boy in the video just fights a bunch of nobodies and has more of a leg slap.

barboza-oliveira-gif.gif

ufc-on-fox-20-highlights-watch-how-edson-barboza-brutalized-gilbert-melendez-with-legkick-1070158.gif

52kltl.gif

barboza_vs_oliveira01.jpg

edson would murder him. Edson has some beautiful yet, deadly leg kicks. He gets full toque in his hips and kills. He has much better technique. That white boy in the video just fights a bunch of nobodies and has more of a leg slap.

barboza-oliveira-gif.gif

ufc-on-fox-20-highlights-watch-how-edson-barboza-brutalized-gilbert-melendez-with-legkick-1070158.gif

52kltl.gif

where were those leg kicks against michael johnson? He was too scared to throw them.

barboza-oliveira-gif.gif

52kltl.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

barboza-oliveira-gif.gif

52kltl.gif

Yeah... but you're forgetting about the D 1 wrestling Gaethje has that he can use at anytime (and yes, he does use it at times)

barboza-oliveira-gif.gif

52kltl.gif

Yeah but Gaethje has something Barboza doesn't: a solid chin.

barboza-oliveira-gif.gif

52kltl.gif

deadliest legkicks in the ufc.

Those kicks are also very well timed too, he kicks as his opponent is moving forward giving them no chance to check them and their weight is all on that front leg take more damage.

barboza-oliveira-gif.gif

52kltl.gif

Gaethje would beat Barboza like a drum, he wouldn't be able to handle the pressure

Gaethje would beat Barboza like a drum, he wouldn't be able to handle the pressure
Barboza could and probably would spark him. Gaethje's defense is toughness and MJ caught him twice. The first time if he didn't bounce on the cage he would have hit the canvas and MJ would have pounced on him maybe forcing the ref to stop the fight.

Blow for blow Barboza has a lot more power in his strikes. Good chance Gaethje goes night night.

Alvarez though is about to get brutalized.

This is the problem with idiots like you. You have a preconceived idea of what is "correct", and then assume that anyone who varies from what is "correct" must be "wrong". The reality is, Gaethje is throwing the kick the way Masato does.

Here's a recent video from Artur Kyshenko explaining his view on why the way Barboza throws his leg kick is not optimal:

Barboza could and probably would spark him. Gaethje's defense is toughness and MJ caught him twice. The first time if he didn't bounce on the cage he would have hit the canvas and MJ would have pounced on him maybe forcing the ref to stop the fight.

Blow for blow Barboza has a lot more power in his strikes.
Based on Barboza vs MJ, I'm not sure that's true - also MJ is better against pressure than Barboza in a limited sense, I've seen him effectively outfight and dominate fights more than once. I haven't seen Barboza do it against anyone but Pettis. Barboza historically struggles when people press forward, and he's gotten tired when getting pressured before, and he has gotten hit hard in fights even ones that he's won. I like Gaethje big in that fight, even if Barboza lights him up early I think assuming Gaethje doesn't catch a headkick or knee (whish is possible), I think he takes over and finishes late.

Nate-Diaz-388x220.png

Baby leg kicks huh

Based on Barboza vs MJ, I'm not sure that's true - also MJ is better against pressure than Barboza in a limited sense, I've seen him effectively outfight and dominate fights more than once. I haven't seen Barboza do it against anyone but Pettis. Barboza historically struggles when people press forward, and he's gotten tired when getting pressured before, and he has gotten hit hard in fights even ones that he's won. I like Gaethje big in that fight, even if Barboza lights him up early I think assuming Gaethje doesn't catch a headkick or knee (whish is possible), I think he takes over and finishes late.
Ferguson is a heavy pressure fighter and Barboza was lighting him up on the feet.

Ferguson also has atrocious stand up defense though.

Back